Montowese Health & Rehab Ctr.

163 Quinnipiac Ave, North Haven, CT, 06473

Reviews of Montowese Health & Rehab Ctr.

Hyu December 08, 2014

My brother was discharged from there I asked that all his personal items were put in a bag. They told me they did had to go back they lost his cell phone. His electric shaver and his prized Yankee jacket. The only thing I recovered from there was his cell phone. I guess some one has a nice new Yankee jacket

Lovingdaughter46 August 13, 2014

My mother was a patient there and I cannot say enough BAD things about it. We finally moved her to another location. I will keep it short and sweet but here are some of the things that compelled us to move her: bad attitude of the staff, appallingly understaffed, lack of medical oversight, never the same nurse for multiple days in a row, never-and I mean never-is there a CNA available when you need them, food is awful, no continuity of care. The straw that broke the camels back was that I went to visit one day and my mother mental state was alarmingly altered and none of the staff noticed. It was a reaction to a change in medication. She was actually admitted to the hospital only after I dragged the nurse practitioner into her room. She then had to call the doctor (who was unavailable at the time) and then finally made the call to admit her on her own. This happened just after a nurse had been into my mothers room and didn't even notice. I could not move her fast enough after that.

senior harry July 03, 2014

I don't know where to start. With the lousy attitude of most of the staff or the dirty conditions. Mostly it was the lack of on site medical expertise . do yourself a favor and make sure where you go for rehab is as close as possible to the hospital where the surgery was performed. my wife's hip surgery resulted in complications and not only could our surgeon not see her there but the " on site " dr saw her seldom and the PA s were ineffective and obnoxious SKIP THIS PLACE its all show and no go .. I got her out and moved to another place near the hospital ..night and day

rothko12 March 23, 2012

montowese health and rehab center appears top notch. I say this in my limited experience with these types of facilities. that being said, a family member of mine had a limited stay there and it was a comforting place. It is family run. Visiting hours end at eight o'clock but you can go in and out at will at any hour. this was great do to my work schedule. there is still a person at the door and the door is locked after eight, when they know you they just buzz you in. the facility is very clean and does'nt have much of a smell. The nuses aides are very sweet and kind. they knew my family member by name and were very chatty and made jokes whenever they came in. When said family member hit the buzzer the nurses station would answer on the intercom within seconds. Someone would come within a minute or more. the nurse giving medication was very friendly and personable. there were three that I saw regularly due to different shifts and days of the week. they were all professional and smiley with a mild sense of humor, very upbeat attitude. the room was comfortable they would change the lighting and air conditioning at the whim of said family member. the food smelled good although said family member did not have an appetite or much sense of taste. The place is fairly small, 200 beds? easy to get to off of i91 and short drive though rural streets.

PamCag August 22, 2011

I was at this facility 2 days before I signed myself out of this place. It was dirty the hallways were clean but bathroom & the room itself were never cleaned. The bed never changed. My bath towels were left in the shower stall for the entire stay there. I had a total knee replace in May 2011, I was never asked if I needed help washing. The nursing care was ok. The physical therapy dept. was so crowded with patients you couldn't move. I don't know how the therapists kept track of their patients. The wound care nurse I had really wasn't that good. So needless to say before I got an infection I got out of this place. I decided to get home care. It was the best decision the company I had was phenomenal. My nursing people were very caring & compassionate. My physical therapist was outstanding, caring and compassionate. So I recommend to not go to Montowese Rehab.

carlos four April 05, 2009

My loved one stayed here

My mother-in-law age 71 with congestive heart failure was brought there after a short hospital stay. Montowese is a convalescent home and rehab center. To rehabilitate means to restore to a former capacity. This is not evident at this facility. During the short stay, (four days), my husband and I witnessed a profound decline in the health of my mother-in-law. She lost a lot of weight over that time. In addition, when she was admitted she was attempting to get up and use the bathroom; four days later she could only lie in bed. Within four days they added many medicines to her prescription drug regime; this only added to her weakness, dizziness, and confusion. She became severely dehydrated and lapsed into a sleep that she couldnt be woken from even by shaking. If my husband hadnt stopped in to check on her that evening, she would have died within a short period of time. He insisted on calling an ambulance and having her transported to a hospital. It took the nursing home one hour to be convinced that her state was serious enough to warrant emergency medical intervention. At the hospital, it was found that two of the medicines she was on were inappropriate for her; one in fact caused her to have an extremely low heart rate of 35-45 beats per minute-something she never had experienced before. The doctor in the emergency room also told us that she was very dehydrated. Her lips were even peeling. She is now recovering in the hospital and wont be going back to Montowese. www.medicare.com compares and rates all nursing homes in CT. (or any other state) Montowese does not include any stats on the quality of care of their patients. It is plain to us why they would not want to include this information. Additional information: Montowese has much shorter visiting hours than other nursing homes. (12-8) Sixteen hours a day the staff, the patients and the hospital are not under public observation.. They do not give their staff random drug tests. Montowese does not allow family to take their loved ones out on day trips like other nursing homes. They require the patient to have the rehab. Dept. approval of all trips, and that the patient meets their criteria before leaving for the day. With all these rules and regulations in place, I find it hard to fathom how any patient at Momtowese could find it to be a positive, healing environment.

About Montowese Health & Rehab Ctr.

Montowese Health & Rehab Ctr. is a nursing home in North Haven, CT that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Montowese Health & Rehab Ctr. for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Montowese Health & Rehab Ctr.

Location of Montowese Health & Rehab Ctr.