Envoy of Thornton Hall

827 NORVIEW AVENUE, Norfolk, VA, 23509

Top nearby Nursing Homes

Reviews of Envoy of Thornton Hall

EllenSterrett February 10, 2015

This place was very disappointing, everything from her not getting her breakfast until10:00 a.m. then the way they moved her in the bed to telling me that she could have a shower on a Sunday and on Sunday telling my sister that they didn't do showers on Sunday followed up with telling her that I agreed to wed. which I didn't then said that they didn't do bathroom runs while it was meal time and food on the floor, so your loved ones would have to wait until the food trays were all off the floor. they had to either be able to go by themselves or soil them selves. Wouldn't recommend this place to anyone.

Missing my Uncle June 24, 2014

The best advice I have for anyone that puts a loved one in a nursing home rather its for long term or short term rehabilitation care is to MAKE SURE YOU GO AND VISIT EVERY DAY TO ENSURE THEY ARE BEING TAKEN CARE OF. I visited this establishment 3-4 days a week for 4 months and you would have thought that I was there enough to know what was going on. But unfortunately that turned out to be just how long it took for this place to send my loved one to his final resting place. They totally neglicated his health. He died from sepsis and pnemnonia that they let go untreated and didn't bother to call the family to let us know he was even ill and had been ill for at least 3 days until the morning he was unresponsive and they finally reached out to us. He went to be with the lord the very next day. In the mean time during is brief stay as a patient at the hospital we found out he had bed sores, pressure sores, multiple bruises and was litteraly skin and bones. NO ONE at the facility told us about any of this and none of this information was in his chart. He hadn't had a bath, been shaven, had his mustache trimmed, ear hair trimmed or nails cut in VERY long time. With that said, I have to say that we questioned things and requested that these things be done but unfortunately we didn't follow up on them to make sure they were being done. So if you must put a loved one in a nursing home, please check the place out and make sure you visit every single day and stay on top of how the staff is taking care of your loved one. Your loved one can't take care of themselves that's why they are there to begin with so its up to you to be their voice, their eyes and their ears and to make sure they are properly cared for. And if something doesn't seem right then its probably not right and you should discuss it with the director and not let the smallest of things go unspoken or unnoticed. Everything matters, trust me, I learned the hard way!

forthorntonhall March 10, 2012

I must say, compared to Autunm Care of Norfolk, Envoy at Thornton Hall, TH is a 5 star. From the star, the staff there was very dedicated to the care of my parent. Told us what we should expect and they delievered. The staff on blue hall was awesome, expect one lady(attitude problem), but the rest were polite, informative, pleasent to work with and serious about the care of my parent. My parent passed away late night, and I thank God that he was able to spend his last days at Envoy Thornton Hall, Norfolk, Va

About Envoy of Thornton Hall

Envoy of Thornton Hall is a nursing home in Norfolk, VA that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Envoy of Thornton Hall for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Envoy of Thornton Hall

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

Location of Envoy of Thornton Hall