Consulate Health Care Of Norfolk

3900 Llewellyn Ave, Norfolk, VA, 23504

Top nearby Nursing Homes

Reviews of Consulate Health Care Of Norfolk

concern34 April 10, 2015

This nursing home needs to be shut down. I will not even give it one star the nurses aides are very rude not just to family members but to patients to they do not answer call bills on time they have bed bugs mice roaches the place is disgusting. Patient are not receiving their medicine on time sometimes they don't receive it at all. They sit at the desk all day laughing and joking and not paying attention to their residence.They take smoke breaks whenever they like all day. There are more than two patients in some rooms the rooms are very tiny.I have witness vomit on the floor for hours and a nurses aid taking care of a patient and not washing her hands not one time.there are so much more that I have witnessed that I am calling the state I feel bad for any patient that cannot defend ourselves or speak up or have no family. I would not recommend this place to anyone not even my worst enemy.If you have a family members there please get them out of there as soon as possible. In order for me to post I had to rate this place I'm giving it a star but it doesn't even deserve it :(

Where's the accreditation committee? March 18, 2015

I wept as I read the other reviews. I can confirm everything written. We too had the misfortune of being at Consulate. I love my mother and decided to place her at Consulate due to its proximity and availability of a bed. We were unable to care for her at home any longer. She has dementia and she went in walking with walker, toileting by herself with a little oversight, laughing, communicating, feeding herself. We pulled her out five months later due to neglect. She no longer smiled and emotionally withdrew from life. She was barely walking and feeding herself. She lost ten pounds in the first month of her stay due to incorrect diet.

I was there everyday to assist in her care. I can verify the level of neglect from administration to the nursing staff to the janitorial staff. They prescribed drugs without my knowledge, gave incorrect diet from the beginning and performed unnecessary evaluations at the expense of the insurance company. They did not shower or clean her regularly or assist in toileting regularly. I cleaned her room and bathroom because they did not do it. On one occasion, her room was 65 degrees and they refused to turn on the heat until we called administration to complain. She fell and had a large bruise on her head and they did not provide an ice pack for six hours. They left her in soiled diapers regularly which led to skin irritation. They do not encourage participation in activities and allowed her to sit in room for hours unattended. Countless items were stolen. The worst of the experience is the unconscionable treatment from the "nursing" staff. I did not witness an ethical standard of treatment for the elderly. Other patients were constantly and openly complaining about the lever of care. My mother's roommate was threatened regularly for telling me what was going on in my absence. It is common for the staff to congregate around the nurses station and ignore the patients. Behavior is extremely unprofessional. The communication between staff is unprofessional. Voicing complaints amidst patients, relatives and friends in common areas is quite common. It is no secret the staff is unhappy in the long term care unit. I have been given many excuses for improper care from the nursing supervisor. It sickens me to write this review to drudge up the horrific memories of our five month term at Consulate. I was there everyday and it did not make a difference to the staff. The neglect is common. It is the culture at the Consulate. To give Consulate any stars would be an outrage. May God forgive them for what they have done to our loved ones!

Loveyourstruely December 09, 2011

It's a terrible place. It completely smells like piss and they have AC problems in the older part of the building so it's a steady 80 degrees in there CONSTANTLY even in summer.

They are very understaffed and 90 percent of the nurses there obviously dislike their jobs. My grandmother layed on the floor for 6 hours before anyone noticed. One nurse made us take her all the way downstairs during dinner time so that she could use the bathroom because "she didn't feel comfortable doing it."

They threatened to not allow us to see our grandmother because we took another patient out to smoke. This was wrong and we have apologized but we have sat and spoke to nurses and guards also smoking and were never corrected on it until the patient almost fell off of their improper side walk. They didn't even come help my cousin get the paralyzed from the chest down man and his 300 lbs jazzy back onto the sidewalk before he seriously injured himself. If it weren't my cousin that man could have died.

My grandmother will sit in a soiled diaper for more than an hour before they will even check in the call nurse button.

My grandmothers bed is still broken after having told the nurses and the maintenance for more than a week.

We are removing her as soon as possible.

WHEN YOU ARE TRYING TO MOVE YOUR FAMILY MEMBER THEY TAKE THEIR DEAR SWEET TIME WITH THE PAPER WORK

If you love your family member never put them into Consulate.

ablesq April 01, 2011

Like something out of a horror film

THE MINIMUM RATING ALLOWED BY THE SITE IS ONE STAR, BUT I WOULD PREFER TO GIVE IT A NEGATIVE NUMBER! I don't even know where to start. Sink in room was not hooked up for several days, so hands could not be washed. Nurse bell did not work during the entire stay. Patient across hall moaned and screamed 24/7 with no response by staff. Other patients played loud music (as in could hear half way down the hall) until late into the night. Bedpan was not emptied for almost an hour despite repeated requests, and in spite of my mother's broken hip which made it excruciating to be on the pan. Water pitcher was removed early in morning and not returned until I arrived in the evening, several times, so that my mother had no water all day. Random patients would roam into my mother's room at all hours, some of them clearly with no sense of reality. Roommate's bed was literally 6" from my mother's bed. Roommate and her "boyfriend" (another patient) were allowed to engage in sexual activity in the building, and he would regularly enter the room unannounced, even if my mother was getting dressed, etc. Food was inedible and sometimes even unidentifiable. Nursing staff was uncaring and "lived" at the nursing station. I removed my mother as quickly as I was able and I will NEVER allow anyone I know to go there. Oh, and did I mention the rats? It is nothing like what they allow you to see on a tour of the building. STAY AWAY. I can't give it even one star. Is there a negative option? I'd give it a negative 5. My mother still has nightmares about this place.

UpsetinVB March 11, 2011

Hell on Earth

My Mother used to have a positive outlook on life. Now she sits looking out a window or sleeping. Her response to any communication is "I don't care. I don't care about anything anymore." Trying to call her or any staff is at least a 20 minute wait, going through the front desk 3 or 4 times, or calling back 2 or 3 times. We are DESPERATE to get her out of there! This - after she was placed here WITHOUT OUR CONSENT - by a sister facility. Do your loved one a favor - AVOID THIS PLACE!!

About Consulate Health Care Of Norfolk

Consulate Health Care Of Norfolk is a nursing home in Norfolk, VA that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Consulate Health Care Of Norfolk for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Consulate Health Care Of Norfolk

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

Location of Consulate Health Care Of Norfolk