Masonicare at Newtown

139 Toddy Hill Road, Newtown, CT, 06470

Top nearby Nursing Homes

Reviews of Masonicare at Newtown

rkozar August 21, 2012

The Ashlar of Newtown Assisted Living Facility was well maintained and the staff were professional and friendly. The staff treated the residents there not as patients but as capable human beings. There was always enough activities going on to keep the residents busy and entertained. The Executive staff there were amazing and compassionate.

Mason5529 May 25, 2012

Ashlar of newtown has a very peaceful setting. Located on a peice of property which is very quiet and has many very nice landscape features. Myself and residents take walks around their pond located on the property. The cleanliness in the faucilty is also very good and they also have many activities for the residents to attend such as a convenience store with free popcorn ( which many residents love to take time out of there's to enjoy a bag), hair dressers on premises as well. Over all I've been going to ashlar of newtown since I was in high school and I enjoy donating as much time as I can because not only is the welcoming atmosphere great but the staff and residents seem to brighten up my day more than I brighten up theirs

ex-resident May 22, 2012

Other

About 4 months ago, I had to remove my father from this facility. The director had changed 3 times in a year and a half as well as 3 changs in head of nursing. A number of other employees left. The staff was cut way down. The food was awful and care non existent. I would never recommend this facitity to anyone. We moved and found a wonderful place for half the price. People are treated as guests, moral is way up and the food excellent. A nurse is available until late at night. No comparison.

lmsk November 17, 2011

My husband's mother stayed at Ashlar of Newtown for 3 years, and we were all very happy with the care she received while there. The facility is well staffed with with friendly caring people, and questions and concerns were dealt with promptly. The social services department did a great job helping us handle the arrangements when she moved in, and were equally helpful when she passed an short while ago.Ashlar's rooms were clean, spacious and comfortable, and there were nice lounges and common areas for my mother in law to socialize in. There were many activities planned throughout the week to keep her busy: bingo, tea parties, crafts, movies, sing-alongs, etc. And we were particularly impressed with the weekend activities that encouraged family and members of the outside community to participate. The staff did a great job of communicating with us regarding mom's health, therapy, and social calendar. We were also immediately made aware if there was anything mom would be needing in the upcoming months: sweaters, stamps, stationary, etc.Ashlar was a great place for my husband's mom to spend her last years. She was able to receive care she needed, while still managing to stay active and social.

shyningwaterfal3 August 15, 2011

After my mother had a series of strokes, she needed 24/7 care. Not to mention physical therapy. Her stay at Ashlar was by far one of the best in such a horrible situation. Visiting her was a pleasure as we could wheel her outside and sit by the water. All the staff is very friendly and informative. The patient as well as the family seem to be their priority.

About Masonicare at Newtown

Masonicare at Newtown is a nursing home in Newtown, CT that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Masonicare at Newtown for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Masonicare at Newtown

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/20/17)

• Overall: