Masonicare at Newtown

Overview of Ratings

4.0

November 17, 2011

By lmsk

My husband's mother stayed at Ashlar of Newtown for 3 years, and we were all very happy with the care she received while there. The facility is well staffed with with friendly caring people, and questions and concerns were dealt with promptly. The social services department did a great job helping us handle the arrangements when she moved in, and were equally helpful when she passed an short while ago.Ashlar's rooms were clean, spacious and comfortable, and there were nice lounges and common areas for my mother in law to socialize in. There were many activities planned throughout the week to keep her busy: bingo, tea parties, crafts, movies, sing-alongs, etc. And we were particularly impressed with the weekend activities that encouraged family and members of the outside community to participate. The staff did a great job of communicating with us regarding mom's health, therapy, and social calendar. We were also immediately made aware if there was anything mom would be needing in the upcoming months: sweaters, stamps, stationary, etc.Ashlar was a great place for my husband's mom to spend her last years. She was able to receive care she needed, while still managing to stay active and social.

August 15, 2011

By shyningwaterfal3

After my mother had a series of strokes, she needed 24/7 care. Not to mention physical therapy. Her stay at Ashlar was by far one of the best in such a horrible situation. Visiting her was a pleasure as we could wheel her outside and sit by the water. All the staff is very friendly and informative. The patient as well as the family seem to be their priority.

Features of Masonicare at Newtown

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/20/17)

• Overall:
  • Ownership Type: Non Profit Corporation
  • Date Certified: 05/01/2017

About Masonicare at Newtown

Masonicare at Newtown is a nursing home in Newtown, CT that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Masonicare at Newtown for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Masonicare at Newtown