Newport News Nursing & Rehab

Top Nearby Nursing Homes

Reviews of Newport News Nursing & Rehab

August 14, 2014

By Ed22

I've had some post-surgery rehab and I stayed at Newport News Nursing and Rehab. It cost a lot and I'm still paying for it -- I was there two years ago. The facility is okay and the food was pretty good. They abandoned the building I was in. The Virginia Health Services runs it and couple of others around town. The facility has small apartments, basically one room facilities. It is suitable for permanent residents. It is an assisted living facility, but they may have an independent living arrangements, too. I was in the room recovering from hip surgery and it was dreary. The one thing I found to be top notch was their physical rehabilitation facility, staff, equipment, and treatment -- that's what this place is for. It's not for permanent or even semi-permanent living.

May 24, 2013

By Caring 1217

My dad stayed at Newport News Nursing & Rehab for about eight weeks for rehabilitation. The care they gave was good and we had no complaints. The food was like a typical hospital food. Overall, the facility was average.

December 11, 2012

By Angel52

It has been 7 months since my mother passed away. She was at this facility when she died. My anger has subsided, so I feel now is a good time to write a review of this facility. During the time my mother was in this place she was not treated well. The nurses were rarely seen and when my mother needed medication or changing or had to use the bathroom, my family members had to find a nurse. We were the ones that kept her on-schedule, not this facility. When we complained to the administration, we were given lip-service with no results. It took an act of God to get her any assistance at all, and if it were not for my family members tending to Mom, she would have suffered even more than she did. This is a place for the forgotten, those people that are thrown away in society and those people that are not loved. If you love your family member, DO NOT place them here. I greatly regret Mom being in this nursing home and my only comfort is that she is now in Heaven and she knows if I could do it all over again, I would have found another solution. Places like this should be shut down.

September 24, 2012

By for_mom

Stay away from this place. My Mom was here for 7 days before she died. I never thought such callus and abusive individuals could work in the nursing profession. Mom had bed sores after 4 days. We hired outside sitters to sit with Mom overnight to protect her from the nurses. The nurses were uncaring, and some had serious personality disorders. Debbie told my kid sister that my Mom was not really dying, if we would just give her an IV, she would be fine and up and about in a week. She deliberately withheld pain meds, because she didn't like "ME", and was rude and abusive to my sister and my Mom's memory, when my Mom died. We had to threaten her with publicity and the police twice, just to get her disagreeable self out of the room when my Mom died. Other nurses were confrontational...like they had some sort of power over us. The only good thing about that nursing home is that now my Mom is dead, and out of there. I feel seriously sorry for any patient still there.

Features of Newport News Nursing & Rehab

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 05/01/2017

About Newport News Nursing & Rehab

Newport News Nursing & Rehab is a nursing home in Newport News, VA that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Newport News Nursing & Rehab for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Newport News Nursing & Rehab