Elite Eldercare Nursing Home

11 San Jose Drive, Newport News, VA, 23606

Reviews of Elite Eldercare Nursing Home

Average Rating:

Caring507258 March 27, 2012

Five stars are not enough! The superbly qualified and extremely attentive staff gave my father the best of care, and have continued to be in close and caring contact with my now widowed mother. This is a business run and staffed by a family of high ethics and strong moral character. Peace of mind was mine.

skhairr March 23, 2012

What a wonderful facility! I cannot speak highly enough as to how pleased our family was with the support provided for our Dad. If you want around the clock care on a personal level from people who develop a loving relationship with your loved one, this is the place to go. Your loved one will not stay in bed or sit in a corner waiting for attention; instead, they will be the center of attention at this great home. We are so happy we found Elite Eldercare-it was an answer to our prayers!

Michael Hester March 23, 2012

As my mother and father aged, it was becoming evident that as the son "living in town", it was going to be my responsibility for eldercare management. Mom and Dad, both in their 90's, like so many of that generation, had made no real plans, just saying they " would know when they needed someone". Of course, it is just the opposite; the elderly will probably be the last to realize that they need long term care.

I think this statement is representative of the situation in which many of us "children" find ourselves. Health care is no stranger to me. I was an Army medic, I have nursed family members as their primary caregivers in hospice situations and have been a pharmacist for over 40 years. That being said, I was not prepared to handle eldercare for my own parents without help.

Our family was fortunate when we met J. and T. Sturdevant. As caregivers, they bring a level of professionalism, experience and knowledge of the needs of the elderly that is unsurpassed in the industry. They taught us that it was not only their job to care for and keep safe our loved ones, but also to maintain and increase the quality of their lives. My mom now "lives" with her friends T. and J.

Not everything is perfect in her life -- after all, my mother is 95 and moods and realities can turn on a dime. But, as professionals, T. and J. take care of these situations. The Sturdevants know that it is important to protect the family from the patient as well as to protect the patient from themselves. I am sure that I speak for my entire family in saying that it has been a Godsend to have the Sturdevants in our lives. Our memories of "Mom-Grandmother-Great-Grandmother" and of these times will be all the better because of T. and J.

Michael Hester

About Elite Eldercare Nursing Home

Elite Eldercare Nursing Home is a nursing home in Newport News, VA that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Elite Eldercare Nursing Home for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Location of Elite Eldercare Nursing Home