Elite Eldercare Nursing Home

11 San Jose Drive, Newport News, VA, 23606

Reviews of Elite Eldercare Nursing Home

March 23, 2012

By Michael Hester

As my mother and father aged, it was becoming evident that as the son "living in town", it was going to be my responsibility for eldercare management. Mom and Dad, both in their 90's, like so many of that generation, had made no real plans, just saying they " would know when they needed someone". Of course, it is just the opposite; the elderly will probably be the last to realize that they need long term care. I think this statement is representative of the situation in which many of us "children" find ourselves. Health care is no stranger to me. I was an Army medic, I have nursed family members as their primary caregivers in hospice situations and have been a pharmacist for over 40 years. That being said, I was not prepared to handle eldercare for my own parents without help. Our family was fortunate when we met J. and T. Sturdevant. As caregivers, they bring a level of professionalism, experience and knowledge of the needs of the elderly that is unsurpassed in the industry. They taught us that it was not only their job to care for and keep safe our loved ones, but also to maintain and increase the quality of their lives. My mom now "lives" with her friends T. and J. Not everything is perfect in her life -- after all, my mother is 95 and moods and realities can turn on a dime. But, as professionals, T. and J. take care of these situations. The Sturdevants know that it is important to protect the family from the patient as well as to protect the patient from themselves. I am sure that I speak for my entire family in saying that it has been a Godsend to have the Sturdevants in our lives. Our memories of "Mom-Grandmother-Great-Grandmother" and of these times will be all the better because of T. and J. Michael Hester

Photos of Elite Eldercare Nursing Home

Features of Elite Eldercare Nursing Home

• Features Extra: In House Beauty Professional, Home Cooked Meals With Your Own Recipes, Walking Paths, Outside Gazebo And Grilling Area, Garage Workspace Stocked With Tools For Projects Or Just "Tinkering"

• Internet Enabled Rooms

• Nurse On Staff: We Have 24 Hour Nurses.

• Activities Extra: We Can Include Your Favorite Hobbies And Pastimes, Just Tell Us What You Like To Do And We Can Make It Happen. Fishing, Museums, Shopping, Cookouts And Grilling, Local Events Of Interest Or Anything Else You May Enjoy!

• Home Sale Assistance

• Staff Patient Ratio: 3:1 Maximum Often 2:1
  • Pets: All Pets Allowed

About Elite Eldercare Nursing Home

Elite Elder Care is a Bed-and-Breakfast style alternative nursing home. We create a home of peace and fulfillment for seniors that are in need of skilled care. Whether a senior just needs help with daily living and medication management or is dealing with advanced dementia or even hospice care, with our wide range of services and ability to adapt to the seniors needs and desires there is never the need to move again.

Elite Elder Care is not a traditional nursing home but simply a beautiful private home with the best skilled care available. Your loved one becomes part of our family and is not just cared for, they are CARED ABOUT!

Map of Elite Eldercare Nursing Home