Elite Eldercare Nursing Home

11 San Jose Drive, Newport News, VA, 23606

Contact Now

Reviews of Elite Eldercare Nursing Home

belrowe April 04, 2012

Can't say enough about the excellent care our dad received at Elite Eldercare. The staff was loving and caring, and made sure all physical, as well as emotional needs were met. The family-like environment made our visits with dad enjoyable. As a family we had peace of mind knowing our dad was receiving the best of care 24 hours a day. They were a true blessing in a time of need.

Caring507258 March 27, 2012

Five stars are not enough! The superbly qualified and extremely attentive staff gave my father the best of care, and have continued to be in close and caring contact with my now widowed mother. This is a business run and staffed by a family of high ethics and strong moral character. Peace of mind was mine.

skhairr March 23, 2012

What a wonderful facility! I cannot speak highly enough as to how pleased our family was with the support provided for our Dad. If you want around the clock care on a personal level from people who develop a loving relationship with your loved one, this is the place to go. Your loved one will not stay in bed or sit in a corner waiting for attention; instead, they will be the center of attention at this great home. We are so happy we found Elite Eldercare-it was an answer to our prayers!

Michael Hester March 23, 2012

As my mother and father aged, it was becoming evident that as the son "living in town", it was going to be my responsibility for eldercare management. Mom and Dad, both in their 90's, like so many of that generation, had made no real plans, just saying they " would know when they needed someone". Of course, it is just the opposite; the elderly will probably be the last to realize that they need long term care.

I think this statement is representative of the situation in which many of us "children" find ourselves. Health care is no stranger to me. I was an Army medic, I have nursed family members as their primary caregivers in hospice situations and have been a pharmacist for over 40 years. That being said, I was not prepared to handle eldercare for my own parents without help.

Our family was fortunate when we met J. and T. Sturdevant. As caregivers, they bring a level of professionalism, experience and knowledge of the needs of the elderly that is unsurpassed in the industry. They taught us that it was not only their job to care for and keep safe our loved ones, but also to maintain and increase the quality of their lives. My mom now "lives" with her friends T. and J.

Not everything is perfect in her life -- after all, my mother is 95 and moods and realities can turn on a dime. But, as professionals, T. and J. take care of these situations. The Sturdevants know that it is important to protect the family from the patient as well as to protect the patient from themselves. I am sure that I speak for my entire family in saying that it has been a Godsend to have the Sturdevants in our lives. Our memories of "Mom-Grandmother-Great-Grandmother" and of these times will be all the better because of T. and J.

Michael Hester

From Elite Eldercare Nursing Home

Elite Elder Care is a Bed-and-Breakfast style alternative nursing home. We create a home of peace and fulfillment for seniors that are in need of skilled care. Whether a senior just needs help with daily living and medication management or is dealing with advanced dementia or even hospice care, with our wide range of services and ability to adapt to the seniors needs and desires there is never the need to move again.

Elite Elder Care is not a traditional nursing home but simply a beautiful private home with the best skilled care available. Your loved one becomes part of our family and is not just cared for, they are CARED ABOUT!

Features of Elite Eldercare Nursing Home

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Skilled nursing
  • Physical therapy
  • 24 hour nurses: We have 24 hour nurses.
  • Hospice care

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Wii sports competition
  • Activities extra: We can include your favorite hobbies and pastimes, just tell us what you like to do and we can make it happen. Fishing, Museums, Shopping, Cookouts and Grilling, Local events of interest or anything else you may enjoy!

• Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: In-House Beauty professional, Home cooked meals with your own recipes, Walking Paths, Outside gazebo and grilling area, Garage workspace stocked with tools for projects or just "Tinkering"

• We charge an entry fee
  • Monthly rent is all inclusive

• Pets: All pets allowed
  • Staff patient ratio: 3:1 Maximum - often 2:1

• We help with selling the house (finding a realtor. staging, etc)
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites