Top nearby Nursing Homes:

Reviews of Churchman Village

Churchman Village
64px
Posted by Caring94742150 November 24, 2014

My mother is living in Churchman Village in Newark Delaware; it is very nice. They are very caring, and they seemed to take very good care of her. It’s bright, cheery, and it’s very clean. They are very kind, caring, and there is always somebody close at hand to even just to stop and chat with her and try to boost her spirits, so we have been very happy with it.

My mother and another woman are in one room, and the space is good. She loves the food there; it’s very good, and it’s almost like they are going to a restaurant. They have a menu for every meal, and I think they have a couple of choices. They always have a few things just in case; she can always get grilled cheese or soup or something. I think that’s one of the pluses; she really seems to enjoy the food. Every morning they do a session called keep it sharp; they get the residents in a room, read a newspaper, and they discuss different articles in the newspaper. They do karaoke and arts and crafts, and it seems pretty active there.

Churchman Village
64px
Posted by KZander January 07, 2012
4.0

For the most part the workers seemed nice and caring towards the residents.I did like the fact that you could buy a lunch and eat with the person you came to visit for only two dollars. I noticed while I was there, they had students do their clinical there from another school; but the students seemed enthusiastic and very kind to my family and other people living there. I never noticed anything from the staff there that was out of place though I did see some patients that were very unruly and some that were very kind to me who happened to be friends of the person I was visiting. I felt at ease there visiting my great aunt and the staff made me feel comfortable even while going out for a smoke conversing with me and not making me feel like an outcast or like I should not be out side. I am happy my great aunt if at that facility

Medicare Ratings

Medicare provider number: 085025

Health
4.0
Overall
4.0
Quality