Upper Eastside Rehabilitation and Nursing

Top Nearby Nursing Homes

Reviews of Upper Eastside Rehabilitation and Nursing

September 23, 2016

By Adjunct

My parent is a current resident at UES Rehab. The place was recently sold and renovated; it's bright, clean, and sufficiently staffed by mostly friendly, caring people. (Some floors have nursing home patients grandfathered in from the previous owner, Dewitt; those floors look shabby by comparison.) There's an generous outdoor space with tables, a cafe in the lobby, a couple of brightly lit dining rooms, and some organized activities for those who wish to attend. I consider the Physical Therapy offered at UES to be most important. My parent's physical therapist is highly skilled and compassionate, and the PT equipment is mostly new and excellent, That floor looks like a brand-new gym. Downsides of UES Rehab: the food is pretty terrible, the TVs in every room, for every resident, do not have headphones, and--most importantly-- every patient needs an advocate (spouse or family member) to be sure their loved one gets his/her needs met in a timely way. Communication among the staff is not the best, and some wheels can turn slowly, for example, getting a new medicine. The first day or two after arrival is especially confusing as no checklist is provided concerning what to expect--visits from various staff members, how PT works and is scheduled, when meals are served, etc. Exactly how to get everything in place and ball rolling is too much of a mystery--one that UES should and could address. And also, there are times when parts of the building reek of urine, which should never be the case. But I have to say that overall, I am happy with our choice of UES Rehab.

September 14, 2016

By Ken Anderson

My Mother has been a patient here for a while now. I love the caring staff and the genuine compassion that I feel that they give her. She likes the food and it's nice a clean. I couldn't of picked a better place to keep my peace of mind. I really recommend Upper East Side Rehabilitation. Oh and you can't beat the location! Two thumbs up.

August 27, 2016

By MIKEYCASH

my mom has been in the rehabilitation center now for a couple years now and she trying to get back on her feet after having all ten toes amputated and having open heart surgery and the overall staff there are very helpful and delightful to deal with and easy to talk to and always helpful and very great listeners and I'm really happy to be there and my mom is too

May 11, 2016

By Marian11

Upper East Side Rehabilitation and Nursing Center is an excellent place. The place was renovated, so it has all brand-new flooring, beds, equipment, and paint. The staff has been wonderful, and the equipment and gym for rehab are terrific. My husband has only been there for a week and is not an easy person to get along with, but he is happy there.

July 29, 2015

By John110688050

Dewitt Nursing & Rehab Center was much more run like a factory. You got up at a certain time, you had a chance to shave or get dressed, and then your breakfast was delivered to your table in your sleeping area. And then, at a certain time, you had to get in your wheelchair, line up near the elevator, and the woman who was running the elevator would check your name off, and then they will deliver you to the basement, which is where they had their physical rehab. It had the least agreeable environment for me. Some of the staff had been there too long and should have been retired. They were kind of indifferent and tired, they had done the same thing for too long, and nobody was ever telling them to lighten up a little bit. The room was a communal sleeping space. It had about four or five beds. The only privacy you had between the beds was this curtain, and you had a little night stand and a table that was on roller, then in-between these two, which were duplicates of each other, was the toilet. And there was a door on either side, so you would go into one room, and you could go out through the other room, but I wasn't used to that sort of thing. This is the place where you had to be taken by a staff member to be bathed because the bathing facilities only had a door and a bath tub. You walk into it, they fill it up, and they scrub you down, dry you off, wash your hair, and all that. The food wasn't particularly outstanding. It looked to me from the outside that it was an apartment house, maybe all 20 stories, and I found it interesting because I could smell cigarette smokes all the time particularly where the offices were for the building. I found it interesting when they opened up that the amount of cigarette smoke or tobacco smoke that would kind of drift out was something that stayed in my mind. I wasn't a prude, but I thought, isn't it interesting that they are promoting good health and everybody smokes? The nursing staff was different from the people who had a little more responsibility and were bored to death. You get a menu there, you can choose what you want, they would forget sometimes to put something on my tray, and I would have to comment when they were delivering it to me.

Features of Upper Eastside Rehabilitation and Nursing

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 05/01/2017

About Upper Eastside Rehabilitation and Nursing

Upper Eastside Rehabilitation and Nursing is a nursing home in New York, NY that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Upper Eastside Rehabilitation and Nursing for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Upper Eastside Rehabilitation and Nursing