Terence Cardinal Cooke Health Care Center

Overview of Ratings

4.3

May 04, 2015

By Mr. Lucky

I was put into this facility by the hospital I was in way too soon. The hospital threw me under the bus because my staying there wasn't economically feasible for them anymore. Cooke is a dump. I was terribly ill and after 4 torturous days, I noticed one night I couldn't breathe. Unbeknownst to me, my lung had collapsed. The despicable ambulance driver thought I was faking it. He said ''If you can talk, you can breathe.'' I was taken to Mount Sinai. They saved my life. I also had a severe bacterial infection which was cured later. Do not let anyone you know go to this wretched dump. The staff for the most part is uncaring and downright mean. I survived. I was lucky.

September 23, 2014

I am in Terence Cardinal Cooke Health Care Center. The ground is minimal, but they do have outside access to the open air. The staff is adequate. The food is great. There are activities from time to time. There is occupational and physical training. You can use the gymnasium materials. You can have a personal escort if you need for taking personal trips, but there is no group trip.

May 29, 2013

By Eric6

The physical therapists from Terence Cardinal Cooke Health Care Center were superb. They were absolutely brilliant, and I love them. They got me walking again. I would totally recommend the physical therapists there. The food was surprisingly good, though it was not a gourmet food. But it was definitely a step up from what you get in the hospital. The housekeeping was excellent. However, I would not recommend this facility itself to anyone. I was there for three months. They didn't do much that annoyed me, but most of it was how they deal with other patients who was sicker than I was. I just didn't like the way they were treated. And there were amazing billing issues, too.

May 14, 2013

I chose this facility because it was the only one that would take him at that time. They were very, very good to him. It's a very nice facility, very clean and everything was good. It is under Catholic charities and it didn't cost anything.

July 08, 2012

By family at terrance

The staff here is very nice and knowable of each patient. I love the parties they throw for the residents and their families. The only reason I would rate it a 4 is i don't feel they are as clean as they should be and it does feel more like a hospital than the pervious facility he was in.

August 13, 2008

By w.a.daponte

My loved one stayed here

Hell on earth. I blame tcc for the untimely death of my fiancee Millie Medina. The nurses are either uncaring or downright harmful. I personally saw a nurse physically assault my Millie by squeezing her arm to cause her pain because she was crying. This happened in front of a social worker, who did nothing. My millie's laptop computer was stolen while at tcc.

Features of Terence Cardinal Cooke Health Care Center

Medicare (ratings last updated: 01/24/18)

• Overall:
  • Ownership Type: Non Profit Corporation
  • Date Certified: 01/01/2018

About Terence Cardinal Cooke Health Care Center

Terence Cardinal Cooke Health Care Center is a nursing home in New York, NY that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Terence Cardinal Cooke Health Care Center for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Terence Cardinal Cooke Health Care Center