Mary Manning Walsh Nursing Home

Overview of Ratings

4.1

October 26, 2017

By Eileen A

I was truly impressed by the caring sensitive way the aides took care of my needs. They responded promptly to my needs and thorough in making sure I wouldn’t develop any sores. If I needed anything, they would respond on a moment’s notice. My nurse was concerned about my recovery and always ready to help and provide answers. I was blessed to be under their care.

April 27, 2017

By staysane

My dad was in this facility for a month for rehab and his health deteriorated during that time. We did our best to advocate for him, but it was difficult because the minute one problem was solved, another would crop up. He had a broken call button for two days; an aide who yelled at him kept reappearing after we asked she be removed from his care; understaffing seemed to be a problem. These are just a few of the issues we had. Communication was almost nonexistent: calls and emails were usually ignored. The one positive were the occupational and physical therapists--they were wonderful. But they could never make up for the institutional indifference and incompetence that pervaded Mary Manning Walsh.

October 26, 2013

By forget-me-not

Post-stroke, my mom had some major problems – they chose to treat only minor ones (OT over PT: "put the orange cone on the red one" rather than standing her up, teaching her to maneuver what she could; also failure to properly evaluate the "boots" she came in with caused Stage 4 Necrosis – left untreated, caused her to bleed if they did try to stand her up, w/ help; so they stopped that. Waiting for the dr. to treat foot – undressed, in bed, not going to other activities.... also a drawback. Aides who would "answer call button" – i.e., turn OFF signal light in room – but NOT attend to her needs (like change the long-wet diaper) – also a drawback!! Yes, parked, head bowed, drifting off to sleep near nurses station – common practice.

May 01, 2013

By cleverkat

Worst experience. Terrible care. Took in patients when under construction, no hot water, no soap, horrible care. THE WORST.

July 02, 2012

By Bollingg

While this facility is rated as one of New York City's better nursing homes you still have to be very active making sure the workers care about your relative. The brand new wheel chair with all options disappeared in only one week. At one time I had to make a formal complaint because no one would take my mother to the bathroom because the person assigned to said she was officially on her lunch break so it was to bad. The often put the patients along the wall facing the nursing station for hours with nothing to do. At least I never found any bruises or other signs of physical abuse like the other two places she was in previously.

September 29, 2011

By Dennis1

Despite being a traditional nursing home, Mary Manning manages to provide impressive amenities and projects a sense of luxury that makes the facility seem more like a hotel. Most of the common rooms (Piano Room, Pub, Cafe, and recreational room) are smartly decorated, with plush chairs and lacquered wooden accents. Activities for residents include movie nights, painting classes and talent shows. Being a Catholic facility, there is a beautiful chapel for residents and staff that is sometimes frequented by members of New York's senior clergymen.

Let Us Search For You

Care

Save Stress

Features of Mary Manning Walsh Nursing Home

• Spanish

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Overall:
    • Ownership Type: Non Profit Corporation
    • Date Certified: 05/01/2017

About Mary Manning Walsh Nursing Home

Mary Manning Walsh Nursing Home is a nursing home in New York, NY that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Mary Manning Walsh Nursing Home for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Mary Manning Walsh Nursing Home