United Hebrew Geriatric Center

Reviews of United Hebrew Geriatric Center

3.7

June 10, 2017

By KCarlet

My granddad went here for therapy, and it was awful. I am an occupational therapist, but didn't tell this to the staff. When I Visited in the afternoons, I watched his therapy sessions and I saw that his exercises were extremely suboptimal for the type of injury he had sustained. Also, when they asked him if he wanted therapy, if he shrugged and said no, they didn't give him a session that day. All he would've needed was a brief explanation that the therapy would help his injury. I was almost in tears. Their communication with him was extremely poor. After watching a few sessions, I was told I wasn't allowed to observe his sessions (even though I was standing outside of the therapy unit in the hall) because there was no room for the patients and the therapists to do their work with visitors standing in the way. They told me that's their policy. When I finally told them I am a therapist, they changed his sessions to the morning. Coincidence? My granddad is getting much better now, because after he was discharged I started doing the proper exercises with him. United Hebrew Rehab? What a misnomer. Nursing home, maybe. I can't comment on that part.

December 30, 2016

By Patty75

The food is too salty. I don't understand why they add so much salt. The nurses who are mostly Asian are difficult to understand. Met a couple of lovely aides. Belva is the best. They did not review the hospital orders when my relative arrived and believe me my relative suffered the consequences. It is a safe facility. No abuse that I noticed. The bathe the patients twice a week.

October 13, 2016

By Tawm

After 1 week with my parent in UH Rehab, overall I give UH very good marks. The staff mostly seems very sincere and honestly caring . The rehab therapists for PT and OT are associated with Burke, and seem top notch . The facility is clean and well-maintained. Any institution has its limitations, plus Medicare and Insurance are cutting back, so if you need 100% dedicated care, have a family member stay for several hours or hire additional dedicated CNA time (if you can afford it). Parking is very limited so be prepared to park in the residential area behind the facility . Walking keeps us healthy!

August 13, 2016

By Caring_2645732

Even though poor oral hygiene can be detrimental to the health of elderly people, United Hebrew does not practice ANY oral hygiene for patients!!! My mother was somehow dropped, and I was told she only had a small bump on her head -- when I arrived at the nursing home the following day, she had a large swelling the size of a softball on her head, and a disturbing bruise around it, as well...Although it was known when the incident occurred, the nursing home was never able to tell me what they thought may have happened to cause the visible injuries (my mother is bed-ridden, and immobile). Patients' rooms are so small that there are no chairs for families and friends to visit. Parking is often impossible.

July 07, 2016

By Phoebe657180

United Hebrew Geriatric Center was not very good, and the food was terrible. It was just a regular nursing home atmosphere and very depressing. Mom did not get proper rehab. They did not do any rehab with her for three weeks until we complained.

February 29, 2016

By Jackielyn1

I'm very happy with the services at United Hebrew Geriatric Center. They are moving my husband to the long-term care today. I have been very pleased with what they have done so far. It's a very nice place. He's been in rehab until they could find a bed. The rooms are nice, and the dining room is nice. The food he said is OK. The only problem is they had stopped his physical therapy and I think he could use a little more of that. Other than that, I have been very pleased with the way he's been.

September 07, 2015

By Bruce29

My wife fell and broke her hip, so she is at United Hebrew Geriatric Center now. We have been very pleased with this rehab facility in terms of general attitude and care of their nurses and aides. Sanitation is excellent. It is very clean. I absolutely recommend this rehab facility. Their food is very good too. Of course, all of the patients would complain about it, but it is really very good.

August 31, 2015

By Afriend123

My father was admitted for a stroke and cracked vederbrate in his back from a fall. The Burke PT, Occupation therapist and nursing staff had him back on his feet in 20 days. The place is very professional. The staff are mostly all positive and respectful, always knocking the door when they enter the room. The place is so clean you can see a shine throughout the building. My Mom unfortunately got injured also and I had little thought to where to bring her, even though I moved about 35 mins away its worth the travel for the care and love they give. Miriam the nurse aid goes out her way to give my Mom pep talks to get better. My Mom pushed the button to go the bathroom and amilia came about 30 seconds and apologized for not coming sooner. I feel less stessed knowing my Mom is in safe hands.

July 14, 2015

By Alison10

We went with United Hebrew for my mother-in-law, and she would be moving next week. The staff was excellent. The director of the admission gave us a tour of the facility, answered all of our questions, and spent almost an hour with us. What we particularly liked was that we saw lots of staff help feed the residents. The social recreation was pretty good. They had music therapy, pet therapy, outings, arts & crafts, and bingo. They had a chapel on site, a library with computers connected to the internet, and a whole variety of other organized activities.

April 20, 2015

By hgbcpa

My father was there at this facility for physical therapy. Whenever I was there at the prearranged time, I did not see any physical therapy. After leaving they refused to give me the records I requested. I had to appeal to the New York State Dept. of Health. I received them after I was sued for not paying the bill. After receiving the records I learned why they ignored my requests. They provided 12 days of physical therapy and billed me for three months. I now have to appeal to Federal and state authorities for assistance in obtaining a very sizeable refund. You can avoid such fraudulent activity by avoiding this facility.

May 30, 2014

By John85023150

My father has been in United Hebrew for about six weeks now, and he is doing OK there. It is clean. The care is fine, and the staff there is nice. They are very helpful, accommodating, and they are giving him therapy, but there are not enough people. He is in a small semi-private room with two beds. They each have their own separate TV with a little side table, a closet, a dresser, and a bathroom. They have three meals a day, and they have good food. He didn't go to the dining room; they serve the food to his room, and he just doesn't have enough appetite anymore. He is a small guy, and he is not eating a lot. However, that's not their fault; its his fault. They have activities like music, bingo, and movie nights.

January 31, 2014

By Elsie3

I had seen United Hebrew and it was excellent. The facility itself, that building was newer and very clean. The rehab patients had their own individual rooms. The physical therapists were trained in a rehab center and on the weekend some of the physical therapists from the rehab come to them for therapy. It had a lot of pluses. Even some of the patients from other hospitals when they got better they send them over to United Hebrew. My aunt had an excellent care there and she really like it. The food was good and I would recommend it to anyone.

November 21, 2011

By aimee126

My grandmother entered this facility for rehab after a routine surgery, she never came home. She worked everyday for the County of Westchester up until her surgery. She was 76. She was treated inhumane, placed on a toilet bowl and left there and was not discovered until well after shift changes around 7am. a resident next door to her heard her crying for hel all night and when someone finally went to her room it was approximatley 5 hours later (according to witness'). She was then transported to the disgrace of a hospital known as Sound Shore Medical Center for xrays. She died 3 weeks later. Please do not let a loved one go through what we did, there are way better options. concerned about your loved ones

Features of United Hebrew Geriatric Center

About United Hebrew Geriatric Center

United Hebrew Geriatric Center is a nursing home in New Rochelle, NY that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact United Hebrew Geriatric Center for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of United Hebrew Geriatric Center