Parker Jewish Institute For H C & Rehab

271-11 76th Ave, New Hyde Park, NY, 11040

Top nearby Nursing Homes

Reviews of Parker Jewish Institute For H C & Rehab

Ms. Y January 25, 2016

I would like to thank the entire Parker staff for doing an amazing job with my Mother. From the nursing staff, aides, building service workers and the maintenance staff for always fulfilling my mother's requests and making her stay a comfortable one. I am forever grateful.

Marty 101 December 09, 2015

My Mother was in Parker and because the place is under staffed she was not cared for properly. The Doctor did not have her file, did not examine her, he would smile and say you look fine dear. She was not fine. She died from C-dif.

You can't give 0 stars.

bluestjewel July 20, 2015

This is NOT a good place for fragile elderly people. Mom had several medical issues ( iliostomy and feeding tube) . She was considered too much work even though this place says it is rated highly. The nursing staff is overworked and truly do not show any compassion for these people. I saw food shoved down patients throats. I saw my mother's iliostomy bag allowed to explode and cover her with feces. I saw people slip out of their wheelchairs. If your elderly person can speak up they will be sitting at a table all day screaming and yelling and calling for help. God help the poor people in this place. My mom had to be rushed back to the hospital several times based on their lack of care. Please love your elderly and do not send them to this dangerous place.

Beanbird May 03, 2015

I am trying to figure out a way to get my relative out of here, but he is too sick to go home. It is the worst health care facility I have ever seen and I have been to plenty as a patient and caregiver. The staff is completely unresponsive to both patients and family members. I am not even confident my father has been given the meds he needs to survive, and I have been waiting over an hour to speak to a nurse. He was left to wallow in his own crap for almost 30 minutes last night, and today was left on e toilet for 20 minutes without assistance. Patients who don't have visitors are left sitting at a table all day long with no care, no cleaning, no interaction. This no way to treat elderly and Ill patients. I have had two conversations with the hospital administrator already, to no avail. Patients are screaming and begging for help and no one responds. This place should be investigated by the Department of Health for neglect and abuse.

Cynic_45 December 08, 2014

There are overworked nurses and nurse's aides who bend over backwards and are the picture of patience but the vast majority could care less....especially the overnight staff! The overnight staff leave residents in soiled diapers for the morning staff to deal with, they don't check on the patients who cannot ring call buttons and if they can they are largely ignored for literally hours! You can be there from morning to night and complain, offer to do the bulk of the caring and they will resent you. If you complain your will fall on deaf ears! My mother was left in her own filth on several occasions even while I was there; they hid the diapers when they saw I kept changing my mother when they took more than 20 minutes to attend to her. Patients don't need infections or to lose any more dignity than they already are. My mother lasted just under 2 weeks!

Unhappy relative of dead patient September 17, 2013

They mistreated my mother when she was a patient. When I complained 2 things happened. 1) they promised an investigation and never followed up. 2) My mother caught a C-Dificile virus and was dead in a week.

If I had money for a lawyer I would sue them.

Viatalk March 13, 2013

I'd give this place no stars if I could. It's absolutely horrible. The care is non-existent. They let you lay there to rot and only come when absolutely necessary like to bring you the food. It's always 100 degrees so make sure you go in shorts and a tee shirt. You can't talk to anyone and get an answer. Everyone knows nothing. Doctors don't care as long as they keep getting paid. Two hours of rehab crammed into one hour since they have the PT's and OT's work on you at the same time. Then you lay in bed 23 hours a day. What kind of Rehab place is this? You leave worse off from when you enter it. STAY AWAY. I can go on and on.

Elderly patient June 13, 2012

Not a good place for elderly. The staff is abusive, the food is horrible and no one in management cares to correct the deficiensies unless the department of Health gets involved. (see health code violations) The have a virus C-dificile running around and they don't tell you at admittance. If you catch the virus they tell youi that you shouldn't have come to Parker since they post a note on the front door that they have an uncontrolled virus in the facility. Of course patients come into the facility frpom LIJ hospital and not through the front doee so they really have no plan to inform incoming patients about the deadly virus.

About Parker Jewish Institute For H C & Rehab

Parker Jewish Institute For H C & Rehab is a nursing home in New Hyde Park, NY that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Parker Jewish Institute For H C & Rehab for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Parker Jewish Institute For H C & Rehab

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

Location of Parker Jewish Institute For H C & Rehab