NEED HELP FINDING OR CHOOSING A SENIOR HELP ADVISOR?

Talk to an advisor for free: (866) 515-8248

Availability

Accepting inquiries

Reviews of North Ridge Care Center

Posted by Welsplace May 06, 2015

I have had many relatives here. Every thing has been very good. I think many of these reviews are written by people with little knowledge of health care. This is not a hospital. The staff are caring and go the extra mile. Nice job staff. Most of the people that write are unhappy not the happy people.

Posted by Dick's daughter January 07, 2015
1.0

My Father was admitted there in mid-December 2014 because he had received such good care when there for rehab in Nov. 2012. It is now first week of January and I am moving my dad to a new facility. I would never recommend this place to anyone. There was no one there when he was admitted and they put him in the nursing home instead of the TCU for rehab. It took until the next day to get him moved to a private room in the TCU which did not help. No one ever asked about my dad as far as what he could do for himself and what he needed help with. In fact in all the time he has been there no one has ever asked. I have had to hunt people down to get help for him. He is unable to speak due to a stroke so he can't tell anyone when he needs toileting or anything else. I have had residents tell me none of the staff help him at meals and so he doesn't eat. I am a nurse and I am just appalled at the way the staff is never to be found and then acts put-out when they have to do something. Please do not subject a friend or family to this facility. In fact I would not want my enemy to go there. In 21/2 weeks I can not say anything positive about the place. I had a care conference with some administration to inform them of the situation and told them my dad was the perfect patient for their staff because he can't ask for help and he can't talk so he can't tell me if he has gotten any help with anything and nothing really has changed. There have also been concerns about the cleanliness of the bathroom, clothes have been lost, I have helped other residents at meals because the staff is not around or can't be bothered with helping anyone. I would probably not even give the place 1 star.

Posted by Tommy B November 07, 2014
1.0

This place it horrible. Checked my mother in 4 days ago. No one there to help with the process or answer questions. We were just given a room number and left on our own. It got worse though. My Dad had all her medical information that he tried to had off to a nurse. Didn't work. I spent the night at his condo and got 4 calls from nurses asking questions about her meds!! Duh? All that info was provided and not looked at or shared. And meal time? No one to provide and direction or help for meal times. She's there for memory care. That means she needs help with that stuff. Not at North Ridge. Run like the wind if you're ever considering this place. We're now on a waiting list for a better facility,

Posted by Grieving now July 04, 2014
1.0

My mother a resident there was becoming very ill. We kept trying to tell the staff but they would just brush it off. She started displaying end of life signs which were obvious to us but the staff would not do anything for her. She was brought by ambulance the next day to the hospital and died 24 hours later. Getting her to the hospital earlier would not have saved her but she would have been in less pain if brought in earlier. I am very sad about this situation.

Posted by beware of poor care April 23, 2014
1.0

This is not a place you want to send someone you care about or love. The care here was spotty at best. This is not my first nursing home experience and was quite stunned by the staff and poor facilities. There was always trash of some type on the floor when I would arrive. The room wreaked like urine. The bathroom would have feces on the toilet most days. Our relative could not walk at the time and needed help to do everything. Pressing the call button meant waiting 20 minutes and someone would eventually stroll in and just look at you. Half the employees wear their name badges backwards so you can't see them. The staff forgot to bring meals twice that we know about. I also question whether all of the medications that go to a patient are making it to them. Our relative received a painkiller and a couple of other pills daily, relatively at the same time everyday, some days it was a no show. When I inquired about it strangely enough it was time for medication two minutes later. Patients were constantly asking me to please help them, although there was plenty of staff just as close to them as I was. I helped them when I could but was disgusted by a staff that refused to make eye contact with anyone or help patients with basic dignity issues. We had an item go missing the first day, do not bring anything with even miniscule value here.

Posted by OT81 September 02, 2012
1.0

Inferior care. Unable to deal with dementia

Medicare Ratings

Medicare provider number: 245183

Health
2.0
Overall
3.0
Quality