Care One At Madison Avenue

Top nearby Nursing Homes

Reviews of Care One At Madison Avenue

DO NOT USE THIS FACILITY October 19, 2013

Other

My mom had to use this place to recuperate from heart attack issues and has been in the "new" cardiac care unit since early September 2013. She is mentally sharp as a tack but not physically healthy. The social worker she was assigned to (Nancy?) told me that someone working with my mother in physical therapy wanted to talk to me about what was needed for when my mom came home for "an afternoon" so I walked with a physical therapist, Christina, to PT about a half hour after our conversation. No one in that department knew anything about this conversation. Then the social worked lied to the therapists that I "was not interested" in family therapy - it was never discussed with me so I couldn't be interested or disinterested. Then I got a call from Debbie in therapy about this and she isn't the warmest, fuzziest person on Care One's staff and she wanted to let me know that participating in family therapy is highly recommended, which I would have done if I had been aware of this opportunity. An aide, at 7 p.m., hung up the phone while my mother was talking to her son so he could get her ready for bed - at 7 p.m. When she protested he told her to "call them back, I have to get you ready for bed". Sulil (sp?) who I'm told is the head of the physical therapy department all but said out loud that I'm a liar because I told him about a message left on my voice mail, he was insistent that "they never say that". In the span of appro 2 minutes he insisted that I was wrong. I can say without any hesitation that he has no access to my cell phone voice mail and he just had to have his way and be right. On Friday perky Nancy the social worker left me a message that my mom is being discharged on Monday by 11 a.m. There was no conversation with me just she has to leave. As it isn't possible for me or my son to pick her up at 11 due to work schedules I asked my mom to have everything ready on Sunday and to discuss this with everyone at Care One. Well, because all their paperwork is complete, they are telling me that I can't take my mom home on Sunday. Another snotty person at the nurses station told me I should get a transport bus - at the cost of at least $100. The doctor that has been looking at my mom saw her Friday evening and told her she could stay until 3:30 on Monday so he could be convenienced and write up her prescriptions on Monday. WHAT?!? he was right there, why didn't he write them at that time? On the flip side Margaret, Jeff, Amanda and another aide whose name I don't remember are wonderful. One star because of these 4 outstanding caregivers

Unsatisfied Housemate November 28, 2012

Care One is horrible and disgusting. I couldn't get down the hallway on wheelchair without smelling all the urine. The bathrooms are dirty. I had nurses notified, but nothing was done about it. The meals were absolutely freezing cold and never warm. If you put the light on for a pain medication, they're always late. It could take them over an hour to get you the pain medication. And I am in chronic, horrible pain due to severe neuropathy in both legs.

surveyguy2000 June 27, 2012

The building itself is beautiful, it was converted from an old mansion and they kept the same fancy look. The staff are well trained and very nice. Everyone knows my relative there, and they do their best to accommodate her. Though there are times when the facility is understaffed, and there have been some staff let go from time to time. So obviously that's when the quality of care dips a bit. But overall the care is great.My relative has gotten used to living there, and feels that she gets good care. Whenever my family goes to see her, the staff is always polite, and makes sure that she is ready for the day.

Rehab patient O.S. December 15, 2011

I am so happy to be here. The staff is wonderful. The activities are great. The Christmas shows I enjoyed and bingo I love. All are thoughtful and polite. I've been other rehab and I find this one to be the best. Sincerely, O.S.

About Care One At Madison Avenue

Care One At Madison Avenue is a nursing home in Morristown, NJ that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Care One At Madison Avenue for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Care One At Madison Avenue

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff
  • Medicare Provider Number 315488

Location of Care One At Madison Avenue