Care One At Madison Avenue

Overview of Ratings

3.2

March 14, 2017

By Tina F

AVOID!! Except for a very few employees, the staff here is horrible! The place is understaffed, management cares more about window dressing than the care that is provided. Staff does not give medication as prescribed by PCP. The only doctors "on staff" - they only come a couple of times a week - are geriatric doctors. So if you are here for rehab and not a senior, be aware!! If you need a refrigerator in room, they will not provide one, despite my veins told that they gave more in the basement than they know what to do with. If patient needs a bed pan, aide might take 45 minutes to bring one. Don't expect aides to clean and wash bed ridden patients either. The food that is served us inedible 90% of the time. It usually arrives cold, no condiments, no butter., sometimes burnt. First time I went to visit, receptionist sent me to wrong room. They don't separate Alzheimer's patients from rehab patients. Patients roam the halls unsupervised, and frequently go into the wrong room, sometimes 3 times a day. Aides care more about their breaks than comfort and safety of patients. Nebulizer mask was left on patient for 90 minutes! Should be done in 15. Insufficient visitor parking. Staff takes up half the visitor parking facility is remodeling rehab center, but most of the wheelchairs are busted up. I'm sure the patients would rather have wheelchairs that don't have chunks missing from the wheels. Don't let facility wash anything. You will not get your belongings back. The third floor Nourishment Room, is filthy and disgusting and coffee maker is broken. The bathroom in patients room is dirty and disgusting. There's all kinds of stains and dirt in and around shower floor. Top of shower is caked with dirt and dust. Complaining doesn't help, because they don't care.

November 28, 2016

By Happy Out

After mom had a hip replacement surgery go horribly wrong, she ended up in rehab for 2 months recovering from a broken femur. Facility has wonderful management that care, place is clean (which was miles ahead of two other facilities we looked at before choosing this Care One in Morristown) and overall very pleased! You get what you put into it, it's not a hotel to just dump a loved one which unfortunately I saw with so many lonely residents. Thank you to all the management and staff who were there for daily and weekly questions whenever we had them and for looking after our aging family member - well done

August 21, 2016

By kqduane

The nursing staff is inept, incompetent, irresponsible and uncaring. The aides are unkind, rude, unresponsive and surly. If your family member needs medication on a regular basis, avoid this place like the plague. They can't handle it. If your family member primarily needs physical, occupational or speech therapy, this is a good facility.

August 07, 2016

By donnajean771

My mother in law was here for rehab and they did a fantastic job. My advice is if you have any concerns, TELL THEM! They will address it right away and then go above and beyond to make sure it does not happen again. The administrator genuinely cares and you can see that in how she is interacting with the residents/ families daily. The head nurse on my moms floor, Terry, was so kind and loving. Mom especially loved the nurse Donald. The building itself is stunning and has a very homey feeling. The social service department was very informative about discharge options and gave us enough notice to make sure everything was set for her to come home.

May 08, 2015

By Careoneinput

I kept a 5 week journal while in rehab in Care One in Morristown, NJ. This is the worst facility to ever be in or have a loved one in. When I couldn’t get out of bed myself I waited 35 minutes for help and no one came. Finally a nurse was making her rounds and I yelled to her to get me help to go to the bathroom. The meals are very unhealthy. The facility is filthy. There was constant standing water backed up in the stall showers. Never knew we were supposed to get daily snacks because they were left at the Nurse’s station and not distributed. Nasty staff, who responded to calls for help when they felt like it or weren’t on their cell phones.

October 19, 2013

By DO NOT USE THIS FACILITY

Other

My mom had to use this place to recuperate from heart attack issues and has been in the "new" cardiac care unit since early September 2013. She is mentally sharp as a tack but not physically healthy. The social worker she was assigned to (Nancy?) told me that someone working with my mother in physical therapy wanted to talk to me about what was needed for when my mom came home for "an afternoon" so I walked with a physical therapist, Christina, to PT about a half hour after our conversation. No one in that department knew anything about this conversation. Then the social worked lied to the therapists that I "was not interested" in family therapy - it was never discussed with me so I couldn't be interested or disinterested. Then I got a call from Debbie in therapy about this and she isn't the warmest, fuzziest person on Care One's staff and she wanted to let me know that participating in family therapy is highly recommended, which I would have done if I had been aware of this opportunity. An aide, at 7 p.m., hung up the phone while my mother was talking to her son so he could get her ready for bed - at 7 p.m. When she protested he told her to "call them back, I have to get you ready for bed". Sulil (sp?) who I'm told is the head of the physical therapy department all but said out loud that I'm a liar because I told him about a message left on my voice mail, he was insistent that "they never say that". In the span of appro 2 minutes he insisted that I was wrong. I can say without any hesitation that he has no access to my cell phone voice mail and he just had to have his way and be right. On Friday perky Nancy the social worker left me a message that my mom is being discharged on Monday by 11 a.m. There was no conversation with me just she has to leave. As it isn't possible for me or my son to pick her up at 11 due to work schedules I asked my mom to have everything ready on Sunday and to discuss this with everyone at Care One. Well, because all their paperwork is complete, they are telling me that I can't take my mom home on Sunday. Another snotty person at the nurses station told me I should get a transport bus - at the cost of at least $100. The doctor that has been looking at my mom saw her Friday evening and told her she could stay until 3:30 on Monday so he could be convenienced and write up her prescriptions on Monday. WHAT?!? he was right there, why didn't he write them at that time? On the flip side Margaret, Jeff, Amanda and another aide whose name I don't remember are wonderful. One star because of these 4 outstanding caregivers

November 28, 2012

By Unsatisfied Housemate

Care One is horrible and disgusting. I couldn't get down the hallway on wheelchair without smelling all the urine. The bathrooms are dirty. I had nurses notified, but nothing was done about it. The meals were absolutely freezing cold and never warm. If you put the light on for a pain medication, they're always late. It could take them over an hour to get you the pain medication. And I am in chronic, horrible pain due to severe neuropathy in both legs.

June 27, 2012

By surveyguy2000

The building itself is beautiful, it was converted from an old mansion and they kept the same fancy look. The staff are well trained and very nice. Everyone knows my relative there, and they do their best to accommodate her. Though there are times when the facility is understaffed, and there have been some staff let go from time to time. So obviously that's when the quality of care dips a bit. But overall the care is great.My relative has gotten used to living there, and feels that she gets good care. Whenever my family goes to see her, the staff is always polite, and makes sure that she is ready for the day.

December 15, 2011

By Rehab patient O.S.

I am so happy to be here. The staff is wonderful. The activities are great. The Christmas shows I enjoyed and bingo I love. All are thoughtful and polite. I've been other rehab and I find this one to be the best. Sincerely, O.S.

Features of Care One At Madison Avenue

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 05/01/2017

About Care One At Madison Avenue

Care One At Madison Avenue is a nursing home in Morristown, NJ that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Care One At Madison Avenue for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Care One At Madison Avenue