Mapleshire Nursing and Rehabilitation Center Morgantown, WV

30 Vandervort Dr., Morgantown, WV, 26505

Reviews of Mapleshire Nursing and Rehabilitation Center | Morgantown, WV

September 27, 2012

By krisdahl

My grandfather resides at the Mapleshire Nursing Home in Morgantown, WV. He was placed in this facility approximately 8 months ago due to our family not being able to care for him as his disease progresses. My grandfather has ALS and mobility has become an issue. I was very worried when he first went to live at the Mapleshire. After visiting for the first time, many of my fears were relieved. My grandfather's room is well maintained and very clean, however, with all of the available activities, he does not spend much time in his room! When I go to visit, he is rarely in his room, but is out and about in the facility participating in various activities. With his mobility issues, I was worried that he would be bed-fast and/or neglected (bedsores). I was also concerned about him suffering from loneliness and being isolated due to his mobility issues. At Mapleshire, my grandfather's lack of mobility has NOT deterred the staff from getting him to participate in activities. He is wheeled along in his chair and made to feel as part of the group. I visit quite frequently and have never been shocked or saddened by the care that he receives. While we know that there is no cure for ALS and things will get worse with time, we take heart in knowing that he is being well cared for during his final days and is LIVING at the Mapleshire, NOT simply waiting to die!

March 28, 2012

By WVReviewer

Administrative staff are overall friendly, as are direct-care staff. However, patient care and attentiveness of the direct care staff isn't great. Resident verbal and call-light requests for help often take a decent time to have a response. Many vocal requests go unheard/ignored. All residents have call buttons, but may not be coherent to know where they are or often are out of reach. 1-1 time with residents and staff seems to be rare, if ever. After many visits to this nursing home, I still have never seen an RN, and have seen 1 doctor 1 time. Majority of staff on site are LPN, cafeteria staff, or the PT staff. The facility is overall clean and well-maintained. Meals are definitely not 5-star rated or even 4-star. Moreover, menus for clients may include disliked foods that residents refuse to eat. Snacks and other food/drink are available, but residents must ask. Thus, those who are not as cognitively aware or sleep a good bit may be hungry but not get food. Activities seem to be decent-reading, church groups, meetings, occasional animal, etc. Physical therapy, hospice, and other services are available on-site, so it is good that the nursing home allows for such contracted organizations to participate in patient care.

November 11, 2011

By trevh73

I visited this facilty with my mother while researching facilities for my grandfather. I was not impressed with it at all. It was a bit too drab for me. It didn't seem like there were a lot of activities for the resident. It didn't have the demetia care program that we were looking for. I would not recommend this facility.

Features of Mapleshire Nursing and Rehabilitation Center

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/01/17)

• Overall:

About Mapleshire Nursing and Rehabilitation Center

Mapleshire Nursing and Rehabilitation Center is a nursing home in Morgantown, WV that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Mapleshire Nursing and Rehabilitation Center for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Mapleshire Nursing and Rehabilitation Center