Manorcare Health Services-monroeville

885 MACBETH DRIVE, Monroeville, PA, 15146

Reviews of Manorcare Health Services-monroeville

Dog Rescuer August 06, 2013

My father spent several months at this facility and I would NOT recommend it. The care was mediocre at best--they had a few good nurses and therapists who have since left, but most of the staff was lazy. My father was bed-bound and completely dependent on them for his care. He had COPD and CHF (along with getting pneumonia frequently) and had a very difficult time breathing. He would often have to wait for close to an hour to get a response if he rang for help and then if he got upset and made smart comments, they seemed to be out to get him and responded like adolescents who were "getting even" with someone they didn't like. I am not saying that my father should have been rude to them, however, we had the "good" staff members even tell us that he was usually justified in his complaints and they never had any problem with him (because those few did their jobs and were not just trying to get out of work). One time when we did complain about something that happened, the way they "dealt" with it was to ask the staff member involved, who of course denied it, so it was immediately let go. After my dad was taken to the hospital for the last time, we received a phone call and written notification that under Medicaid guidelines, they would hold his room for so many days, and then we would have the option of paying out-of-pocket if we wanted it held longer. My mother went in the day after she received the letter to pack my dad's things and was stopped by a nurse midway down the hall saying that his room had already been filled (while they were supposed to still be holding it) and that the nurse had packed his belongings and put them in storage a couple days prior. When my mom got his two boxes home, everything (including all of his clothes that had been neatly hung in his closet) were literally just thrown in a heap in the boxes out of spite. When I called to inquire about why they had filled his room when they were still supposed to be holding it, I was told that the administrator would call me back, which of course never happened. In addition, we also could have reported them to the Health Department on more than one occasion because my dad's nasal cannula would fall onto the filthy floor and the nurses would just pick it up and put it right back into his nose--without changing it, cleaning it, or anything. No wonder he got MRSA and a multitude of other infections! If you care about your loved one, DON’T send them to Manor Care!

Show 1 More Review Show Fewer Reviews - Write a Review

About Manorcare Health Services-monroeville

Manorcare Health Services-monroeville is a nursing home in Monroeville, PA that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Manorcare Health Services-monroeville for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Manorcare Health Services-monroeville

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

Location of Manorcare Health Services-monroeville