Lynwood Nursing Home

Overview of Ratings

3.4

October 14, 2011

By GabrielThomas

Beginning in November of 2010 and ceasing in June 2011 my grandfather was a patient at Lynwood Nursing Facility. I visited my grandfather atleast once a week. I would've went more often but I live an hour away. Lynwood provided an excellent, although not 5 star, living and care facility for my grandfather. The staff was not only friendly, cooperative, and compassionate, but also quite efficient in their duties. I would have to say that 95 percent of the staff fit the above description, save for one unsavory staff member that just seemed to be in a perpetual bad mood. Despite the bad mood, she did uphold her duties and no reflect her bad attitude in her care of my grandfather and other patients. As for amenities, Lynwood provided a comfortable social area for the patients and encouraged socialization and friendship amongst the patients in the wing I visited. Patients had access to games, safe and interactive cooking workshops, arts and crafts, media based entertainment, as well as a staff that coordinated bi-weekly activities for the patients - including holiday themed activities. After tasting the meals for the patients, i attest that they were quite delicious and healthy. A licensed dietition oversaw the meals for each individual, for example she maintained diabetic friendly foods for my grandfather. The facilities were the most negative aspect. The rooms were two patients per room with simply a curtain for privacy. This curtain led to a lack of completely privacy and inconvenient noise pollution from the other patient. My biggest complaint was that the rooms didn't seem to be mopped/swept as much as the should be. The rooms also shared a single bathroom - for four patients, and this could sometimes lead to privacy issues. I would like to give praise to the staff for their particular care of my grandfather, who suffers from Alzheimer's, as well as Dementia. Many nursing homes are not so lenient with the difficult (confused and demanding) demeanor of such patients. Lynwood flew above and beyond, doing their best the comfort the old man and keep him aware of his surroundings and actions. The staff even kept a positive attitude when dealing when him when he became scared and aggressive, and believe me it's tough to do. The patient mentioned is in his late seventies, but retained his seemingly herculean strength, sometimes hurting the staff who responded with phrases such as "Now Mr._____, you know that hurts. You really shouldn't do that. Next time try to be gentle with us, you know we are your friends." Overall, my grandfather was taken care of very well at this facility, socially and medically. The staffs consistent medicine administration even improved, from what my family could tell, his cognitive function.

Let Us Search For You

Save Money

Care

Save Stress

Features of Lynwood Nursing Home

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Overall:
    • Date Certified: 05/01/2017

About Lynwood Nursing Home

Lynwood Nursing Home is a nursing home in Mobile, AL that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Lynwood Nursing Home for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Lynwood Nursing Home