First Colony Health and Rehabilitation Center

4710 LEXINGTON BLVD, Missouri City, TX, 77459

Reviews of First Colony Health and Rehabilitation Center

rhianna2012 June 30, 2016

This place is terrible...please don't bring your family members here. My mom was here.The worst mistake EVER...she practically had to beg for her medication on a daily basis...she had a small bedsore when she got there..it took them a two weeks before a doctor to prescribe medication to treat it.. as for as the doctor...he never once discussed anything with the family members. We never even met him the whole time she was there. The staff is very rude and don't have any compassion for the patients except Roxanne... I was there once and heard a patient fall down in her room I was the one who had to run to the front to grab a nurse. When I got to the nurse station 3 workers was there all on their phone texting. When the heavy set Nigeria ( aide) acknowledge me she took her slow time getting to the patient room. And I heard the aide yell at the patient "WHAT WERE YOU TRYING TO DO" this people are only there for a pay check...This place smells really bad. And its not clean at all

mjane_frankie January 20, 2015

My father was put in this nursing home back in April 2014. We had to make a tough and sad decision to do so due to his progression of Alzheimer's. The staff was very unorganized and there was a huge lack of communication. My father did not receive the proper care he needed and was cut off of his medications from one day to the next instead of being weaned off. I have doctors and nurses from the VA who have agreed with us that he was not properly cared for. I went to speak with DEBORAH after a whole week of getting the run around from her after my father has passed. She is supposedly the head Admin of the facility and she was BEYOND rude and heartless. She did not care about what I had to say, did not care that I had complaints on her staff. She had an excuse for everything and did not want to hear it. My father passed away too soon, because of this facility and I have the proof. I have also had other families from here tell us the horror stories they've incurred. Please do yourself and your loved one a favor and choose elsewhere to send them.

Bob Miller October 25, 2014

Terrible care specially in the short term unit. The nurses for the most part, could care less for the patients. They go hours without being changed, and develop serious bedsores. Everyone seems to be overworked and there seems to be an understaffing issue. The nurses on the weekend seem unhappy to be there, and they leave patients without care or supervision for hours. Do not take your family members to this place.

Barbara79744350 March 31, 2014

I was very impressed with First Colony. I visited it twice. It was sparkling clean, and they have good meals, which I observed. The manager was impressive, and the marketing director was very nice but would not accept my husband.

MrsRedfish12 December 21, 2013

Great facility, the nursing staff and nursing assistants are caring and strive to make your loved one and you feel like you are part of a family. My mother broke her ankle 2 years ago and she stayed there for her recovery, I was so impressed that when she broke her hip the following year, I knew this was exactly were I was going to send her. Great place I would definitely recommend it,

About First Colony Health and Rehabilitation Center

First Colony Health and Rehabilitation Center is a nursing home in Missouri City, TX that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact First Colony Health and Rehabilitation Center for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of First Colony Health and Rehabilitation Center

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff
  • Medicare Provider Number 455812
  • Ownership Type For Profit Corporation

• Resident Capacity 150