Colonial Oaks Living Center

4312 ITHACA STREET, Metairie, LA, 70006

Reviews of Colonial Oaks Living Center

Susan111462350 May 27, 2015

I know my mother-in-law has fallen twice when they tried to get her up to go to the bathroom, and they sent her over to the hospital and had her checked over there. And another time, she tried to get up -- she shouldn't be getting up because she has fallen and hit her head a couple of times -- and they sent her to the hospital. She got upset with the people because they were trying to manhandle her, put her back in her chair or something, and she hit one and punched one, so they sent her to the mental hospital for a week. I don't know if that is normal with somebody with dementia or not. She is in a room with two other people. As far as I know, yes, I would recommend it. The only thing that I have found -- which I guess most of them are like that anywhere -- is that when she would buzz them to come help her to the bathroom, they are very slow to get to her, and that's really the only complaint that I would have about Colonial Oaks.

Kazootles64 November 16, 2011

I visit this facility a number of times through the year to bring or pickup a relative volunteer who has worked there for a number of years. My experience with this facility is favorable. My relative loves working with the patients, and visiting them. There are always a fair share of them enjoying the cool weather in the courtyard on grounds, and the staff is always more than willing to be helpful and efficient in facilitating requests. The staff organizes events and activities for the patients, and sees to their nourishment and comfort. As with all nursing homes there's a particular scent that may cause one to wrinkle their noses, but it's otherwise easily overlooked when it comes to the stellar care of the facilities and patients. The living center is also across the street from the major hospital of that area, so patients' relatives are rest assured that should anything happen their elderly relatives will be well cared for.

About Colonial Oaks Living Center

Colonial Oaks Living Center is a nursing home in Metairie, LA that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Colonial Oaks Living Center for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Colonial Oaks Living Center

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff
  • Medicare Provider Number 195536

Location of Colonial Oaks Living Center