Mi Casa Nursing Center Nursing Home

By frisky1

NICE PEOPLE CLEAN GOOD CARE FOOD NEEDS UPGRADE

June 23, 2011

By leezee

My mother and I viewed this facility as it was in the same general area as several other facilities we had on our list. My mother has suffered two strokes yet still managed to live on her own and care for her own needs. Out of my desire to have her closer to me (I live in Mesa, she in northern Arizona) we have spent countless weekends touring facilities. I think out of all I've seen, good and bad, this had to have been the worse. Right when we entered, there was an elderly gentleman hanging, literally, stooped over in his wheelchair! He had been drooling and it seemed like nobody paid much attention. When we brought it up to a passing staff member, she feigned speaking English and kept walking. It also appeared that residents walked in and out of the doors, walked out onto patios to smoke and some of them certainly seemed to need more supervision. My mother felt a bit ""put off"" and almost blamed me for wanting to check this place out. She said, ""Do you think I'm like this?"" Of course not, but these people aren't either and even if they are in a state of needing more ""nursing"" they shouldn't be left alone to take care of themselves. A place that I, without a need to make a grand tour, I wouldn't want my mother in. Plain as day.

Features of Mi Casa Nursing Center

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 05/01/2017

About Mi Casa Nursing Center

Mi Casa Nursing Center is a nursing home in Mesa, AZ that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Mi Casa Nursing Center for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Mi Casa Nursing Center