Golden Livingcenter - Merrillville

8800 VIRGINIA PLACE, Merrillville, IN, 46410

Reviews of Golden Livingcenter - Merrillville

March 22, 2012

By Broken ankles

Very good OT and physical therapy department. I was there a month while recovering from injuries. They have nice activities for their residents.

March 16, 2012

By Jgibson

This facility is only a few blocks away from a hospital, which is great if a resident is in need of emergency medical care. Since this nursing home is in an area of Northwest Indiana that has just a couple of hospitals to serve it, it is unusual for a facility such as this to be so close. That is one of the few things that I believe are good about this nursing home. The outside grounds of the facility are in good, but not excellent shape. The parking lot is small, but there are always spaces available. In the entrance foyer, I have never been greeted by anyone. There is a sign in book, but that is about it. The area is clean and smells normal. No one has ever offered to give me any directions or asked me if I needed help finding a room. When I have walked to the area in which my relative lives, none of the people at the station say anything to you unless you speak first. You do not hear "how are you?" or "have a good day" unless you initiate the discussion. When I last visited, no one offered to help me find the room, but when I asked for help, the staff member walked me to the room. When I left, I was ignored until I asked questions about my relative's care. The person did not know. I contacted our family representative to follow up later.

Features of Golden Livingcenter - Merrillville

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 05/01/2017

About Golden Livingcenter - Merrillville

Golden Livingcenter - Merrillville is a nursing home in Merrillville, IN that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Golden Livingcenter - Merrillville for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Golden Livingcenter - Merrillville