Viera Health and Rehabilitation

8050 Spyglass Hill Rd, Melbourne, FL, 32940

Reviews of Viera Health and Rehabilitation

Sears1968 January 06, 2012

When my grandmother became sick in 2010 the family had a hard choice to make ; do we try to keep her at home or choose a nursing home for around the clock care . Needless to say we were all nervous about the nursing home idea ,however, my father was not capable of taking of my grandmother on his own and rest of the family was to distant to provide immediate care. When one first hears the word nursing home bad image come to mind particularly ones of substandard care and abusive staff. Yet, the choice had been made and we had to come together to find facility that could provide quality care physically and emotionally .On the recommendation of a home health aide we discovered Wuesthoff Progressive Care Center located in Viera,Florida. During the first visit we noticed immediately that there was security provided and each guest and worker were required to be checking for the day ,Secondly, we noticed that the place was clean from top to bottom not only on the outside but also the inside from the front room to kitchen, and the patient rooms. There staff ranging from nurses to administrative personnel were constantly in the area. The staff was friendly and immediately introduce themselves. The facility had different recreational areas for the residents to watch television or play games. Residences also had access to the patio area with staff monitoring if they wanted to sit outside. Feeling as if we could trust this facility; which had great credentials we elected to place my grandmother here. That first week we were all anxious about her care and well being let me assure you that we didn't stay worried for long . My father begin to make frequent stops throughout the day and night to see my grandmother and was greeted with open arms . The staff told my father he was free to come at any time he like which my father did. On each unannounced visit my father said he found my grandmother clean and well situated and on several visits he would find her in physical rehab. The staff would even come and take my grandmother for strolls outside in her wheelchair. As a E.R nurse I was impress by how fast the staff would come to assist the residents with request and how well organized they were with there routines. I must say the Wuesthoff Progressive Care Center was a great asset to my family during my grandmothers last days. I would recommend this facility any day for those seeking help for there love ones.

Show 1 More Review Show Fewer Reviews - Write a Review

About Viera Health and Rehabilitation

Viera Health and Rehabilitation is a nursing home in Melbourne, FL that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Viera Health and Rehabilitation for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Viera Health and Rehabilitation

Medicare (ratings last updated: 05/18/17)

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff
  • Medicare Provider Number 105885
  • Resident Capacity 114
  • Ownership Type For Profit Corporation

Location of Viera Health and Rehabilitation