Maywood Center for Health and Rehabilitation

Top Nearby Nursing Homes

Reviews of Maywood Center for Health and Rehabilitation

April 22, 2016

By angela815

My mother, after being in septic shock and in the hospital for three weeks, we thought we were sending her to a place that would provide loving care, patience, etc., but instead they chose to discharge her because of her minimal progress in PT. They discharged like a dirty dog with open wounds, and not eating. Mind you the doctors on staff knew how weak she was, the infection she has, etc and yet they were focused on her not "feeling well" enough to go and do PT. When choosing the Maywood Center we asked and informed the director of all of our concerns and how weak my mother was, we were reassured that they would give her time and have patience. The PT staff, with me witnessing , were yelling in her ear to move and threatening her they were going to throw her out. After the family meeting with the staff, we informed them that we would appeal, once we did they started to treat her even worse. If I could leave no stars I would. To all future families, DO NOT SEND YOUR LOVED ONE AT THIS LOCATION. It may look beautiful on the outside but the inside (staff) is horrific

We are shocked and saddened to read about your perception of your mother’s experience. Please rest assured that we take these comments very seriously and have reviewed her situation. Our main goal is to provide a safe and nurturing environment in which our patients can heal and thrive. We would love to speak with you, offline, about this posting at your earliest convenience. Our administrator, Stacey Wilbur will await your call or email. Thank you.

September 04, 2015

By Geriac

My mother has been in Maywood care center for five days and her condition has worsened from when she left the hospital they are under staffed and the doctors have a horrible attitude and the nurses aids do not want to do their job I find that my mother is left unattended and uncleaned we asked for her to be cleaned and takes them an hour and a half to get to her. I trying to get her out.

June 23, 2015

By MUSTANG dad

My mom was in a hospital stay for 3 weeks and needed rehabilitation to get her able to walk again. The nurses on weekdays were very good but weekends are horrible. .no really well trained staff, and no one that can answer queationa.. The doctor that saw my mom did not even want to hear from the family who knows her best....rude and obnoxious doctor. I thought the food and rehabilitation were ok Watch and be on top of their care

August 29, 2014

By James93396250

I chose Maywood Center for mom because it was very close to a dear friend of hers who could walk over to visit her nightly. The rooms are clean as well as their dining area. I think it’s a very nice facility. Most of the residents like the facility very much.

August 11, 2014

By Disappointed family

My grandfather was a patient here for approx a month and I could not have been more disappointed with the care he received. I am a therapist myself and when the PT tells you that he is at risk for injuring himself working with your family member then it's time to move elsewhere. First off therapists are trained to assist and move people. If you can't do that then clearly you need a new career. This facility shovelfuls really watch who they hire and how the staff speaks to family members. Don't bring your loved ones here if you want them to get proper care!

December 15, 2013

By Bubca

My uncle was living at home with assisted care. After a fall, he wound up in a hospital for a few days after which they recommended that he go to a rehab for a few days. We sent him there along with his aid who stayed there twelve hours a day with him. She saw the rehab that he got was non-existent. He was given a three pound barbell to exercise his arm. It was his legs that needed rehab, not his arms. And even that little bit of help was unmonitored. The rehab guy was taking care of three or four people at once, so my uncle did nothing with the little barbell when he was unmonitored. They did not provide my uncle a bed at night. They said that he tried to get out of the bed and they did not have enough help to watch him. Their solution was to keep him at the nursing station in a recliner chair. When his home care aid came to the facility in the morning, she found him in the reclining chair at the nursing station where everyone could see him and he was completely nude and uncovered. It was impossible for him to sleep under those conditions with the bright lights, in a chair and the constant talking by the nurses at the nursing station. We complained and they set up a family meeting for us. But all they were interested in was what was his financial condition and in keeping him there. We said that we were taking him home where he would get better care, and they kind of blackmailed us by saying that his insurance would not pay for the facility and he wouldn't get his medications. LIES. We got our own ambulance to take him home and he was well cared for by his caretaker. My sister was there two years ago, and they treated her similarly. Avoid this place. They don't care for your loved ones, and their primary goal is to take short term rehab patients and turn them into long term residents after they get their money.

April 05, 2012

By aliciap

My grandmother has been in Maywood Rehab for a year now. She started out on the second floor where they keep the residents that may go home after they are feeling better and their ailments are fixed. My grandmother, though, is 90 years old and after falling at home three times, we decided to keep her at Maywood. She was moved to the third floor where she still is today. the staff at Maywood is amazing. They always put her to bed in a timely manner and are quick to give her anything she needs. They are friendly and helpful. It is so nice to know we can depend on them. Everytime we visit she is happy and cheerful. The staff is able to tell us what she did that day, even though she cannot remember. I always feel welcome at Maywood and they never mind that my family and I stay after designated visiting hours. My grandmother is doing very well there and I feel this is a great establishment. She has been there a year and I have not seen more than a slight decrease in her health.

March 31, 2012

By maywoodrus

My mother has been a resident there since January and I am very pleased to say her care has been wonderful so far. They are very caring of the patients needs and the staff if very accomodating. Some of the aids could be a little more understanding of the elderly's conditions, but all in all its a very good place for continuing care.

Features of Maywood Center for Health and Rehabilitation

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 05/01/2017

About Maywood Center for Health and Rehabilitation

Maywood Center for Health and Rehabilitation is a nursing home in Maywood, NJ that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Maywood Center for Health and Rehabilitation for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Maywood Center for Health and Rehabilitation