Maywood Center for Health and Rehabilitation

100 West Magnolia Avenue, Maywood, NJ, 07607

Top nearby Nursing Homes

Reviews of Maywood Center for Health and Rehabilitation

MUSTANG dad June 23, 2015

My mom was in a hospital stay for 3 weeks and needed rehabilitation to get her able to walk again.

The nurses on weekdays were very good but weekends are horrible. .no really well trained staff, and no one that can answer queationa..

The doctor that saw my mom did not even want to hear from the family who knows her best....rude and obnoxious doctor.

I thought the food and rehabilitation were ok

Watch and be on top of their care

James93396250 August 29, 2014

I chose Maywood Center for mom because it was very close to a dear friend of hers who could walk over to visit her nightly. The rooms are clean as well as their dining area. I think it’s a very nice facility. Most of the residents like the facility very much.

Disappointed family August 11, 2014

My grandfather was a patient here for approx a month and I could not have been more disappointed with the care he received. I am a therapist myself and when the PT tells you that he is at risk for injuring himself working with your family member then it's time to move elsewhere. First off therapists are trained to assist and move people. If you can't do that then clearly you need a new career. This facility shovelfuls really watch who they hire and how the staff speaks to family members. Don't bring your loved ones here if you want them to get proper care!

Bubca December 15, 2013

My uncle was living at home with assisted care. After a fall, he wound up in a hospital for a few days after which they recommended that he go to a rehab for a few days. We sent him there along with his aid who stayed there twelve hours a day with him. She saw the rehab that he got was non-existent. He was given a three pound barbell to exercise his arm. It was his legs that needed rehab, not his arms. And even that little bit of help was unmonitored. The rehab guy was taking care of three or four people at once, so my uncle did nothing with the little barbell when he was unmonitored. They did not provide my uncle a bed at night. They said that he tried to get out of the bed and they did not have enough help to watch him. Their solution was to keep him at the nursing station in a recliner chair. When his home care aid came to the facility in the morning, she found him in the reclining chair at the nursing station where everyone could see him and he was completely nude and uncovered. It was impossible for him to sleep under those conditions with the bright lights, in a chair and the constant talking by the nurses at the nursing station. We complained and they set up a family meeting for us. But all they were interested in was what was his financial condition and in keeping him there. We said that we were taking him home where he would get better care, and they kind of blackmailed us by saying that his insurance would not pay for the facility and he wouldn't get his medications. LIES. We got our own ambulance to take him home and he was well cared for by his caretaker. My sister was there two years ago, and they treated her similarly. Avoid this place. They don't care for your loved ones, and their primary goal is to take short term rehab patients and turn them into long term residents after they get their money.

aliciap April 05, 2012

My grandmother has been in Maywood Rehab for a year now. She started out on the second floor where they keep the residents that may go home after they are feeling better and their ailments are fixed. My grandmother, though, is 90 years old and after falling at home three times, we decided to keep her at Maywood. She was moved to the third floor where she still is today. the staff at Maywood is amazing. They always put her to bed in a timely manner and are quick to give her anything she needs. They are friendly and helpful. It is so nice to know we can depend on them. Everytime we visit she is happy and cheerful. The staff is able to tell us what she did that day, even though she cannot remember. I always feel welcome at Maywood and they never mind that my family and I stay after designated visiting hours. My grandmother is doing very well there and I feel this is a great establishment. She has been there a year and I have not seen more than a slight decrease in her health.

maywoodrus March 31, 2012

My mother has been a resident there since January and I am very pleased to say her care has been wonderful so far. They are very caring of the patients needs and the staff if very accomodating. Some of the aids could be a little more understanding of the elderly's conditions, but all in all its a very good place for continuing care.

About Maywood Center for Health and Rehabilitation

Maywood Center for Health and Rehabilitation is a nursing home in Maywood, NJ that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Maywood Center for Health and Rehabilitation for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Maywood Center for Health and Rehabilitation

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

Location of Maywood Center for Health and Rehabilitation