Care One at Evesham

870 East Route 70, Marlton, NJ, 08053

Top nearby Nursing Homes

Reviews of Care One at Evesham

carrying for loved one October 20, 2014

Well to start with I thought this was a good place for physical therapy but, I am wrongStarted out good then suddenly stopped. The doctor is not or to me seems like he's not to concerned with getting things done so I can get my dad home. Seems like to me they want to keep him to keep collecting insurance money. Then on to staff nobody there is very helpful the called bells got off and the patients wait ,they come in to shut the light off and say they will be right back and they come back hours later if at all. Would not recommend this place unless u are able to get up and move yourself.

michelle720072 October 05, 2014

Do NOT send your loved ones here! My father was admitted on a Thursday night - they were redoing floors so he had to sit in waiting room until 8:30 at night. Then when room was done, they put him in there where the smell of the glue was so overbearing it made you sick! It wasn't until the next night that they moved him in to a different room. Nurses were rude and unattentive, they acted like they were being burdened when you called them! They even went as far as to tell my dad "you may have been babied at the hospital, but you will NOT be babied here!" No one was ever around when you needed them, if you had questions, they quickly walked away and said they were busy....we never got answers for anything that we asked. My father was put here to have rehab.....3 days later, still no rehab has been done and he's not even on the schedule!! He just got sent back to the hospital for breathing issues, and I for one am glad he is out of that place! I will not recommend this place to anyone!!

Jim84003450 May 29, 2014

My mom was over at CareOne at Evesham when she fell a couple of years ago. She was there for about three weeks. In terms of cleanliness, they're average. However, I think their service was very poor, actually. The reason my mom went in there was to get therapy, and it was kind of ridiculous when you looked at the total time spent there. She only went to therapy once a day for about an hour. We also had some difficulties when she was there. On one occasion, without giving us any prior notice, they moved her to the hallway, sitting outside with about 20 other patients. We were wondering why this was going on, and the excuse from the head nurse at that time was that they were moving two patients who had similar types of ailments. That's not a reason for me. As it turned out, they were moving her into a room without air conditioning and without the proper bed. We had a whole lot of issues there. I would not recommend with this facility. I was not pleased with this place.

mummycat56 April 10, 2014

my friend is currently in rehab at care one....she has been ignored, and generally treated like she was a bother to them, they do not wear gloves when changing bottles for pic lines, will not answer nurses button when called, my friend has had to change her own sheets and empty trash and commode by herself, they do not give her meds on time or take blood work on time.....most of the time she has to wait hours to get her meds and one time she waited eight hours for water even though she constantly asked them for some...I would even send my dog to this place I gave them a one star rating only because I had to rate them...I think that they deserve no stars at all

jerseygirl7 March 24, 2014

This facility deservers zero stars, and should be force to give some back. My Mom was a patient for one night, which was the worst night of her life. She fell out of bed twice, and had to wake up her roomate as the staff didn't respond to her call bell for over 45 minutes. The aid "dropped" the call bell on her head, then made her wait for another 20 minutes to get the nurse, who then yelled at her for trying to sit up. At 11 pm there was "no orders" for her nightime medication, but at 5 am there was an order and they forced her to take her nightime medication during the day. I tried to have her transferred to another facility but they wouldn't release her and threatened to have Medicare cut off all payments, past and future if I removed her. Fortunately, she had a heart attack which the doctors attributed to giving her the medication at the wrong time and she was admitted to the hospital, and the hospital released her to go home, rather than to return to CareOne. The administrative staff is very nice, but once they leave, the patients are at the mercy of the nursing staff. Its so depressing to walk in at night and see a line a patients in wheelchairs by the nurses desks, with hallow eye, just waiting for death to come. And this was in rehab, not the nursing home section. Whatever you do, find another place for your loved ones.

Brown1 July 24, 2012

My biggest qualm with the facility was that the staff was not quick to respond to resident's calls. If my grandmother needed to get up to go to the bathroom and pressed a call button, the time passed between the button pressing and the responding nurse entering the room was way too long. I would have to stand out in the hallway to flag someone down. The employees were attentive during therapy sessions, and wanted to see their resident's get better. Food was very mediocre, and showers were sometimes not until late at night, which was upsetting to some of the resident's I talked to, especially after they were tired from their therapy during the day. Overall, the facility is okay. I never had a problem going to visit my grandmother, the front desk people were friendly. There was also bingo nights, ice cream nights, movie nights, and church days for the residents.

PhillyDom October 14, 2011

CareOne is severely understaffed. On more than one occasion I waited an hour for a response to my call button. At nights and on weekends, the facility would have four nursing aides to handle 60 to 70 residents. The facility laid off the overnight shift in the laundry, with the result that there was not always enough clean towels and linens to go around in the morning.Would-be residents should be aware that CareOne bills separately for the room television ($6/day) or telephone ($4/day), a s well as twice-weekly personal laundry service ($4/day). The twist is that the daily fees accrue from your first use, and continue to the end of your stay. For example, if you use the phone on the first day and never again, you will be billed $4 for each day of your stay.The food was was on a par with institutional food. Residents had several choices for lunch and dinner; however, breakfast was determined by the kitchen, with little input from the residents. Oddly, the facility considered lunch the main meal of the day, with dinner a lighter meal (sometimes not much more than a snack).The medical staff was for the most part competent. Residents rarely saw an MD, though, usually a nurse-practitioner handled residents in need of medical attention.The director of therapy stands out (her first name is Kate). She was very helpful, even on concerns that were not necessarily her department. For instance, when I asked her about computer access, she persuaded the facility to purchase a laptop for patient use.On my way home, the ambulance team transporting me home told me that CareOne was the best facility in the area. Considering my experience there, that's a frightening thought. I can not recommend CareOne unless there was no alternative

pierre4192008 September 16, 2011

This facility is located in a beautiful area with lots of trees and landscaped grounds. Upon entering this facility you are greeted by a Receptionist who will direct you the correct area. The rooms are appointed nicely with furniture . The telephone was given to residents in each room. The food was described by my loved one as "fair".

The staff seemed to cater to all residents needs in a timely maner. They did have a huge Dining Area that the family of the resident could join them for dinner for a nominal fee per meal. You could walk the grounds both in and out with your loved one. The grounds had outside tables w/umbrella's.

It seemed to be a well managed Nursing and Rehab facility. It seemed to be a larger populated facility; but, the staff seemed to be proportionate to the residents providing excellent care. Overall, this facility, in my opinion was great.

About Care One at Evesham

Care One at Evesham is a nursing home in Marlton, NJ that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Care One at Evesham for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Care One at Evesham

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

Location of Care One at Evesham