Golden LivingCenter - Kennestone

613 Roselane Street NW, Marietta, GA, 30064

Reviews of Golden LivingCenter - Kennestone

June 16, 2015

By Beverly108103850

My sister is at Golden Livingcenter. They were very good with her. She can't walk very well, and they are trying to get her to walk more and strengthen her legs. When she came in there, her legs were very swollen, and after a few weeks, all the swelling went down. I considered that to be pretty good. However, the food was not very good.

February 04, 2015

By Fair Warning!!!

I was researching assisted living facilities due to my mom having a stroke and her Medicare ending. I stumbled across Golden Living Kennestone and set up a tour. After learning that this place was more of a "short term rehab facility", I felt it was perfect as my mom was on a quick road to recovery. After explaining the situation with my mom, I was told this may not be the place for her...but I really wasn't told why. I tried to coordinate this facility speaking with the rehab facility my mom was currently in. After over a week, and multiple follow-up calls from me...nothing was accomplished. I even conferenced in both parties to no avail on getting anything done. I then decided that if this place can't put forth the effort to make me or my loved one feel important or welcoming, then who knows what kind of treatment they would receive if she was a patient. Now...2 weeks later...I still haven't received any sort of call or follow-up from them. They made me feel like it was a privilege that they were helping me (even though they just wasted my time). Good thing I moved on and found another place.

August 21, 2013

By Ellen10

I was in Golden Living in Kennesaw three times. The staff and the nurses were very nice and accommodating, a few of them had a little bit of an attitude. What annoyed me was that had to go to therapy every day and they didn't always made my bed. I would have to call them and made them do my bed. There was also a nurse who kept telling that there was nothing wrong with me when I told her I needed to go to the hospital because I caught an infection which caused me to vomit and when they finally sent me to the hospital, I had to be there for ten day because of that. When I was there in December, they put me in with a woman who was absolutely insane. In the middle of the night, she would be trying to get into my bed and lay down with me and she would take her clothes off and I told my aids that she couldn't stay with me because she was treating me like I was her mate. The last time I was in they almost killed me. They had medicated me incorrectly and I went into the hospital for ten days. I was so drugged out that I didn't know my name, I didn't know who I was. I was hallucinating and they had to tie me down to the bed because I was so out of it and they had me tested and the doctor said, I was over medicated. The food was horrible, all they gave me was carbs and I was diabetic. They just didn't care and I talked to the dietician and she said that they don't have any special menu for diabetic people.When I was there, my blood sugar up above 300.

December 29, 2012

I've had multiple sclerosis for 35 years. I stayed in Golden Living Center for six weeks. The place smells and their food is not okay.

April 18, 2012

By Moose1

It was a pretty campus I guess, but the hallways all had that sterile "hospital" smell that never seems to get out of your nose. I never really enjoyed visiting, mostly because my Grandmother was dying there, but it did seem to be a very comfortable place for her to die. The staff were very professional, if a little impersonal and I was generally comfortable with the level of care my grandmother received.

August 03, 2011

By mya

A relative had to have rehab after a hip replacement. We were concerned that the rehab facility would be too much like a nursing home (long term stay) and she would be discouraged, but it was a great relief to see that the clients who resided with her during her recovery were highly motivated to return home. The rehab team was caring, supportive, and professional. The facility was clean and overall cheerful .I would recommend this place.

Photos of Golden LivingCenter - Kennestone

Features of Golden LivingCenter - Kennestone

• Psychiatric Care

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 05/01/2017

• Staff Patient Ratio: 1 To 8

About Golden LivingCenter - Kennestone

At Golden LivingCenter - Kennestone, we are dedicated to providing superior healthcare services for our residents as a way to help improve their quality of life. Our skilled nursing facility is located in Marietta, Georgia, less than one mile from Kennestone Hospital. We are proud to offer innovative long-term skilled nursing care and short-term rehabilitation therapy. Our specialized services include physical, speech and occupational therapy, IV therapy and wound care. At our LivingCenter, residents are able to relax in our beautiful courtyard or participate in a variety of recreational and social activities.

Map of Golden LivingCenter - Kennestone