Kindred Transitional Care and Rehabilitation - Mansfield Plaza

301 N. Miller Road, Mansfield, TX, 76063

Reviews of Kindred Transitional Care and Rehabilitation - Mansfield Plaza

E.Green August 01, 2014

after reading some reviews I decided to write one. My husband and I took my mother there for short term rehabilitation and had a good experience. I feel bad for those that didn't have a good outcome but for us it was good.

Kevin123 July 14, 2014

My father was moved to Kindred after a horrible experience at Matlock Place in Arlington, TX. Kindred was the best care our family could have hoped for. The staff was caring and attentive. The facility was a little dated, but the care was great. We felt he was in a good place, and our worry subsided after the previous experience. We strongly recommend this facility.

eblock June 10, 2014

I am not much for reading or writing reviews but after seeing some of the reviews we had to say a brief word. We had a good experience. not everything was great but we would go back. my mother got good care and therapy.

Linda Bowden May 21, 2014

It saddens me to think my Mom was here. We wanted a place where she could receive physical therapy and kindness. We found neither. My mom could not talk to us and her memory was not good. Therefore it took a while before we realized how horrible her care was. Upon two different visits I found her covered in feces. It was even on her face. I also found her roommate covered in feces. Redness and blisters were found on top of legs, tummy and personal area. Bloody sheets. Those who changed her had not noticed....how could they not? By using a pen and marking the bottom sheet on her bed, the sheet was not changed for almost two weeks. A spill of tube feeding liquid dried and remained on the floor for a week. Lip gloss, lotions, hairbrushes, gifts to make the room smell better for Christmas, and candy were stolen. Inexpensive bracelets were broken or stolen. I was told to have those things locked in the nurse's cart and ask for them on my daily visits to prevent the stealing. Feeding tube cover would not be used by the staff thus the tube was pulled out again and again which required a hospital visit to replace it each time. Staff were found sitting in the corner of her room drinking cokes and watching tv several times instead of working. We found staff personal cell phones and purses stuffed in moms bed side stand and closet several times. We had to complain many times about build up of skin cells around the ears and on head. On weekends, we would have to ask for her to be dressed and to be taken out of bed. They would say they were short staffed and that the patients could stay in bed all day. It was very hard finding staff to answer questions. The front desk would ignore you if you stood waiting to ask questions. When you demand a conversation, you knew you were a bother and often you were told the person to talk with was gone, on break, or could not be found.
Several times, my Mom's records could not be found. Mom died and as I cleared her belongings, carrying her things to my car, employees sat, some close to the entry of the facility, watching me struggle with the opening of the security front door. The memory of Mom looking at me with tears falling down her cheeks is not a great memory. I hope you find a more caring, loving environment for your loved one.

ConcernedSon1234 August 20, 2013

My mother was recently transferred to Kindred Mansfield Plaza for rehab after being released from Harris Hospital, She had been suffering from congestive heart failure and pneumonia.

The first day at Kindred, she told me she had been made to wait over an hour before someone would come and put on a new depends. She had to sit in her own waste for over an hour! Should have been my first clue, but thinking that maybe she was exaggerating we kept her there.

The second day there her ankles began swelling and we found that they had not fully read her records sent over from Harris, congestive heart failure requires patients to be given diuretics to get rid of extra water. We were told she would be getting her diuretic soon.

The third day she was finally given a diuretic, after we received a distressing call from my mother, in tears because her feet were so swollen she could no longer walk and was in agony. They had NOT given her a diuretic and it took them 40 minutes to confirm that fact.

The fourth day in their "care" she was nearly in complete kidney failure and had begun swelling in other parts of her body as well. I also noticed that she had a packet of salt sitting on her bedside table and I asked where she got it and she said it came with her food.

People with congestive heart failure cannot have any salt.... at all... it can be life threatening! They had been giving her a normal diet and not a low sodium diet.

The fifth day she had to be taken by ambulance back to Harris Hospital and put in the renal ward in critical condition.

This is NOT a rehab hospital for elderly people at all. They have minimal level of care for anyone that is actually ill.

tonya257 July 09, 2013

My dad entered this facility on June 27, 2013 after having a really large stroke that left his entire right side paralyzed. The whole reason he was sent here was to receive physical, occupational and speech therapy to try to get him close to where he was prior to his stroke and go home or to be with relatives. This hospital is so unorganized and every time we asked for information, no body knew who we needed to talk to or they were on break or on vacation,.....He was in there for 11 days before getting any kind of therapy and that was only after we complained several times about it. On a particular night, I had relatives in the room with him and he had indicated that he needed his diaper changed and so the call light was activated. After all the we don't know who the nurse is and any other excuses they could come up with, he finally got changed 3 hours later. That is just totally unacceptable. There really isn't any kind of schedule for patients receiving any therapy, they just take them down whenever, staff and CNA's are rude and unwilling to help, this even includes the director of nursing. My sister and I have been so frustrated that yesterday we finally found him another facility. Now we are just waiting on someone at this facility to actually put through the referral paperwork so we can get him out of there. Don't send anyone you love here. You will not like it.

From Kindred Transitional Care and Rehabilitation - Mansfield Plaza

Kindred Nursing and Rehabilitation Centers offer long-term care and short-term rehabilitation to patients and residents, bridging the gap between hospital and home.

Features of Kindred Transitional Care and Rehabilitation - Mansfield Plaza

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

Location of Kindred Transitional Care and Rehabilitation - Mansfield Plaza