Valley View Health And Rehabilitation, Llc

5968 Wall Triana Highway, Madison, AL, 35758

Reviews of Valley View Health And Rehabilitation, Llc

jan2015 February 03, 2015

If you have a loved one that is dependent on the staff and cannot help themselves, run!! My dad was there for 12 hours and we had to have him transferred back to ER. Blood sugar was 4 with a breakfast tray laid across his chest. He was very agitated, oxygen saturation was 78%, having difficulty breathing. No one took action until I showed up and demanded help for his obvious distress. I would not recommend this facility.

anon1017 January 23, 2015

Mother came in with diabetes and was served a diet that was high in carbs and sugars, even after having spoke with the nutritionist the poor diet continued and my mother was sent to the icu with blood sugar levels that were reading above 700. If the staff cared enough to really be testing her numbers and monitoring her diet this could have easily been avoided.

Anonymous1745 January 16, 2015

Unsafe for diabetics. The patient was repeatedly given entire plates of food that were not a part of a proper diabetic diet. On top of this, the patient was made to use diapers despite being continent, which resulted in a UTI. After failing a dozen times to gst a blood pressure, the tech made a number up to placate us. Patient ended up back in the icu. When we arrived at the icu we found that the BP was nowhere near the number given just a couple hours prior (at Valley view). Based on these things, I would not recommend this facility. That being said, the physical therapists were great.

BUN December 10, 2014

My family member has been in this facility quite a long time now and the care really depends on who is on staff any particular day. The "head" staff are always friendly and have good goals for the place and often they are met; unfortunately some of the staff appears to be angry just being there. This is in the minority for sure. I think the convenience of the location is good for most anyone needing this type service.

pbilster101 December 01, 2014

I was a patient in 2014 following an accident that required theropy. I would start out by saying that the facility is very clean and well kept. The rooms are small, functional. The physical therapist an occupational therapist are for the most part very good with the exception of one that I had that was extremely poor, however I have not seen her again. The food at the facility is absolutely the worst I have had. I have a mother who lives in an assisted living facility and I thought that food was poor. but this food here is absolutely rock bottom. To me it shows an extreme lack of pride to continue to serve this food. in the complete time as a resident I never did see a kitchen.that should have been a headsup.when staying here the cost is five hundred percent of an assisted living facility where food quality is usually much higher. one thing I think I can safely say as that there is no such thing as a freshly prepared meal in this place. Every time I thought the food had hit rock bottom they would surprise me by serving another meal. As far as nursing staff I would have to say that they are mediocre at best. I think that is understandable as you were not going to draw top quality nurses at the wages they have probably pay. it is not to say they are not competent. most of them genuinely seem to care about the patient.

dotsmith July 07, 2014

I had a total knee replacement and discharged to this facility for what was going to be a 21 day stay. I left after 4 nights due to 2 VERY SPECIFIC incidents. One being the nurse REFUSED to wear gloves when changing my dressing and 2 I had to wait often times in the excess of 1.5 hours for pain medication. We decided it would be quicker for my daughter to make the one hour drive and give me my pain medicine than to wait on the nurse.The physical therapy was wonderful and that is it. If you are considering placing your loved one here I would not advise it especially if they have an altered mental status and cannot fend for themselves as I could.

Caring66370050 December 13, 2013

In May of last year, I had a month's stay at Valley View. I was not real happy there. Their physical therapy was great and it was clean. The food was not so good but it wasn't because they weren't good cooks, it was because they were trying to put me on a gluten-free diet, not too much meat. The problem I had there was that they had not separated yet their patients who had Alzheimer's or who were wanderers, all kinds of dementia. It was just the way that the residents were situated as far as their placement.

Lynner121 December 12, 2012

My mother, who suffered from stroke related dementia and was totally bedridden, lived in this wonderful facility from December 2010 through the end of September, 2012, when she passed away. She received excellent care at Valley View, both medically, and emotionally. The staff is very well trained, and always went the extra mile to make sure my mom's needs were met quickly and thoroughly. Mom considered all of her nurses, therapists, and aides to be friends, and that meant so much to me. I was traveling out of state on a regular basis, and could not be by her side as much as I would have liked, but I felt like she was in very good hands at Valley View. It was always clean, never smelled like a nursing home, and there were usually many activities for the residents to take part in, as well as entertainment by outside groups coming in frequently. The administrative staff was always very prompt to respond to questions and to help with filing insurance/medicare, etc. I highly recommend Valley View!

Caring804 September 08, 2012

Mom's been in Valley View since June. So far we're pleased. Her dementia is beginning to get more involved, so as much as she knows where she is, she seems to be happy.

lucky_stars November 17, 2011

My uncle was recently admitted into Valley View Health and Rehabilitation in Madison, Alabama due to his failing health. My aunt couldn't care for him on her own anymore and so this facility was recommended by friends of hers. The facility itself is quite large and I worried that my uncle would feel overwhelmed being with so many other residents and such large spaces. I also worried that with so many residents, what if their just weren't enough staff present to handle the number of people living there? His wife and my aunt was thrilled about the place and had heard many great things about the home from several people who once had loved ones there. I was a bit skeptical, but then again, I hate leaving family in an unfamiliar place with unfamiliar people. My first visit changed my mind immediately. The staff was abundant to the number of residents and extremely friendly and always willing to keep us family members informed of my uncle's progress. The place was very clean and well kept up by the staff. My uncle, who was not a people person at home, had managed to acquire new friends which I saw firsthand when I was led to him by a nurse, finding him laughing with another man his age about stories of the past.Upon speaking with my uncle about his feelings on the facility, he mentioned that he liked it better than he thought he would have. He relayed to me that he was impressed about these strangers caring for an old man they didn't know and taking care to see how he was doing. The only complaint he had was the amount of checking on him they did, which I found comforting. He enjoyed the activities that anyone could participate in if they wanted to, especially Bingo and playing checkers with his neighbor in the next room. Overall, even a skeptic like me found this place to be an excellent alternative for family who need extra help taking care of their loved ones. The staff I spoke with seemed really nice and trustworthy and I noticed the residents are served a variety of different food varying from day to day, never the same thing everyday. My only negative opinion about this place is that it's too close to my liking on a very busy road next to the highway and the outside facilities involve sitting and walking in the back of the building. Despite the lack of outside amenities, the facility itself gets my vote for being dependable and caring.

About Valley View Health And Rehabilitation, Llc

Valley View Health And Rehabilitation, Llc is a nursing home in Madison, AL that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Valley View Health And Rehabilitation, Llc for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Valley View Health And Rehabilitation, Llc

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

Location of Valley View Health And Rehabilitation, Llc