The Oaks at Peake

6190 PEAKE ROAD, Macon, GA, 31220

Reviews of The Oaks at Peake

December 31, 2013

By Ann36

The people at The Oaks at Peake were exceptionally caring and kind to him. He made great progress and we were able to take him home. The room he had was decent. We were very happy and pleased with the care and all the services he received. If we needed to put him back in a facility, we would still choose this.

October 05, 2012

By GAgrandson

This facility offers a quiet, home-like experience for all of its residents. It is not the newest, most up-to-date facility in Macon, GA, but it offers the most customizable packages for its residents. The staff consists of truly kind individuals. The one bedroom units offer a bedroom, attached bathroom, and small area for a "living room" with an attached wet bar with a mini-fridge/sink/shelf. The two bedroom units offer one large bedroom and one medium sized bedroom, an adjoining jack-and-jill bathroom, and the same "living room" area with kitchenette. Our family opted to go for the 2 bedroom unit for my grandparents. We used the smaller bedroom as a living room and made the small living room area the "kitchen" with a small table and microwave cart to go alongside the kitchenette. This arrangement works very well and feels much less confining. The facility is overall very clean, with only a minor hint of that nursing home stench- no worse than any other top facility. The only issue we have had is that we have noticed the carpet in their unit is definitely not vacuumed as often as it is advertised to be. Overall though, this facility is worth considering and in my family's eyes the best option in Macon, GA for a loved one.

June 12, 2012

By jrohe

The Oaks at Peake nursing home is very nice. It is very spacious and beautifully decorated. It is also is a very nice neighborhood, close to Zebulon Road. The residents are sometimes allowed to walk around outside close to the doorways, depending on their condition. Some staff members will wheel them around in their wheelchairs, while other residents can get along fine just using their canes. The staff is very courteous and they seem like they actually enjoy being around the residents. They are very attentive. The times that I visited, an emergency alarm went off twice, and each time the person in need to care was seen about immediately. My grandfather never once complained about his stay there. The residents are treated nicely and the food even seemed superior, considering that many of the residents have specific dietary requirements. I had the catfish myself, and it was actually pretty tasty.

Features of The Oaks at Peake

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 05/01/2017

About The Oaks at Peake

The Oaks at Peake is a nursing home in Macon, GA that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact The Oaks at Peake for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of The Oaks at Peake