Catered Manor Nursing Center

4010 VIRGINIA RD., Long Beach, CA, 90807

Reviews of Catered Manor Nursing Center

February 28, 2014

By Caring80232050

Of all the nursing homes I've been, Catered Manor was the nicest. The facility is very nice as well as the people running it. Their physical therapy is very good and the staff seemed to be very concerned about the patients. Everybody said they like the food, but personally I didn’t like it. Their activities were awesome. I had been there for only three days, but I would recommend it to anybody.

August 16, 2011

By HR girl

I visited the center after being recommended by as hospital case manager from Long Beach Memorial. I visited on a weekend to look around to see if I wanted to bring mom here and was actually very impressed with the visit. The building is older but you can definitely see that staff care about the patients and always smiling. Staff greeted as I was walking around with the nurse supervisor on duty. I went to see two other places but was not impressed as I was with Catered Manor and I saw the other two places during the week when they should be at the top of their game. Mom ended up going to Catered and got the rehab she needed in three weeks. She is home and doing well. I think she got better care there and more attention than she got at the hospital. Her room was always so clean and the experience was very pleasant. From the neighborhood to the staff and care...this is the place to be after hip or knee surgery. Thank you all a Catered Manor!

May 03, 2011

By crykit

Visited this facility

The letter I sent to family and friends says it all! Mom is home, Rehab didn't go as planned. We did a jail break. The Medics brought mom to the "rehab" she called me to let me know she was there so I could bring her Jammies and flowers. She told me to leave the flowers, there was no room for them. I arrived and was greeted by a drooling ,rocking old lady (poor lady), in a wheelchair and an incredible smell. I finally found moms room, she was sitting in the middle bed of three. with what seemed to be 2 very ill old ladies on each side. She told me that the medics just brought her to her room and she hadn't seen anyone for 2 hours! I went to the front desk to ask why she hadn't at least been greeted or checked on. The lady behind the desk stated she was processing her orders. I asked if there wasn't a different room she could be in as she isn't ill , just here for rehab. I then asked if this was a nursing home or a rehab facility? I was advised while pointing to a small room with some exercise machines in it that it was indeed a rehab as well. (my mistake) :) I then asked to speak to her doctor, they called the doctor on call (who has never met mom) I spoke with him, explained my concerns. I was told that since he had never met mom if we left it would be against medical advice (AMA). I responded that it might be very well be against medical advice to leave her here and against my better judgment. I was then walking to moms room, when I passed a cna bringing someones dirty diapers and linen , placed it in the receptacle then went straight to moms room to answer the light of the lady in the bed next to mom without washing her hands or even taking off her gloves! She helped the lady onto the bedside commode which was placed about 10 inches from moms bed. !!!!!REALLY!!!!!! Then proceeded to touch all the bedside tables to move them out of the way. (with the same gloves on!) I went back to the front desk and said that we were indeed leaving , and that the chances of mom's surgical site getting infected in this place was almost certain. We got a wheelchair and got her in the car.

Features of Catered Manor Nursing Center

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 05/01/2017

About Catered Manor Nursing Center

Catered Manor Nursing Center is a nursing home in Long Beach, CA that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Catered Manor Nursing Center for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Catered Manor Nursing Center