Traditions Health and Rehabilitation

2816 EVANS MILL ROAD, Lithonia, GA, 30058

Reviews of Traditions Health and Rehabilitation

November 21, 2013

By Willie1

At the moment, my mom is in Traditions Health and Rehab Center. I had already recommended this place to others. This was our choice because it's close to my home. She has been there since July. They have private rooms there. Food is not that great, but they have a lot of activities like bingo, different church activities and various types of choirs, etc. What I like best about this facility is that they seem to care about the well-being of my mother's health and that it is a very clean facility. I also like the fact that their staff members are all professional.

December 11, 2012

By Lyndia1

Traditions Health and Rehabilitation has a wonderful staff of caregivers. They took great care of my aunt who was a resident there for a year due to a stroke. Traditions has a quality unlike any other facility, because they treat their residents like family. The staff at traditions are very caring and nurturing and show a genuine care for their residents and families. There is a home like quality to there environment. I greatly appreciated their quality of service at how they took such wonderful care of my aunt, who recently passed peacefully in her sleep on thanksgiving morning. I am greatful and thankful to the staff at Traditions Health and Rehabilitation for there services

November 07, 2012

By Liam JP

I visited my first nursing home after my uncle collapsed on the floor from a stroke. He has struggled with diabetes and the stroke caused him to lose sensation in his legs. My uncle was a long time hoarder and the hospital decided that the best place for him was a nursing home called Rockdale Healthcare Center. He was unable to pay the monthly price--and to stubborn to sign medicaid documents--and the nursing home refused to take him back after a routine procedure at a nearby hospital. My uncle granted my father power of attorney for both his life and finances and a nursing home, Traditions, volunteered to take him if he would sign the medicaid papers. We were originally worried about Traditions Health and Rehabilitation because of negative reviews that we'd read about online, but quickly came to accept the facility as a second home. Traditions staff greet us with friendly attitudes every time we come by, the upper management helped us through all the difficult paper work, and my Uncle is pleased to be around people his age. Unlike other nursing homes I noted a more relaxed environment where the guests are happy and well treated. On the negative side of things; Traditions seems to be lacking staff and that causes each nurse to take on a heavier work load. They also have a limited number of machines and my uncle has to be wheeled to the hospital every-time he needs a simple procedure done.

September 27, 2012

By J.J. Smith

My experience with Traditions Nursing Home was a good experience for the most part. All of the staff members knew the patient and their respective families by name. The director was very friendly and would speak to you whenever she saw you. This facility was a very good facility. The facility's staff would make sure that they abided by doctor's orders and would keep a watchful eye on patients who would try to escape from the facility. I only visit this facility a few times a month but, whenever I visit I am welcomed with smiles and stories of what is going on with my grandfather. The entire staff is great at keeping you updated on all information regarding your loved one. This facility has great activities for your family member to attend: from church, to bingo, to sitting outside and enjoying the sunshine or the chirp of birds and the fluttering of bees. I am really impressed by the professionalism of the entire staff.

Features of Traditions Health and Rehabilitation

Medicare (ratings last updated: 03/01/18)

• Overall:
  • Ownership Type: Non Profit Other
  • Date Certified: 02/01/2018

About Traditions Health and Rehabilitation

Traditions Health and Rehabilitation is a nursing home in Lithonia, GA that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Traditions Health and Rehabilitation for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Traditions Health and Rehabilitation