Shawnee Manor

2535 FORT AMANDA ROAD, Lima, OH, 45804

Reviews of Shawnee Manor

March 14, 2012

By dreamteam

I would easily say that I would not want to spend my last days in a nursing home. Whenever I would go there I would feel like I was entering an environment where people had accepted their own death. There was no sense of hope and in all honesty it reminded me of a Resident Evil video game. Although the workers were friendly when I went there it wasn't as if they enjoyed what they were doing. It seemed like it was just doing rounds, like each of the employees were robotic and completing tasks off of a checklist instead of trying to make sure that the residents were okay. The tasks and activities that they had almost seemed insulting. Many of them were for little kids like coloring, creating cards, doing simple puzzles, and reading picture books. Some of the residents that were also living there with my grandfather were really nice, but most of them were sad. Quite a few of them had family, but they never came to visit. Although there was medical staff all around, it really seemed like a place that psychologically would kill you faster than your medical illnesses. Overall, it was not a bad facility and the workers did do their jobs in a timely manner, I just wish the environment overall was better.

Features of Shawnee Manor

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 05/01/2017

About Shawnee Manor

Shawnee Manor is a nursing home in Lima, OH that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Shawnee Manor for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Shawnee Manor