Lexington Health Care Center - Lexington, MA

Overview of Ratings

3.0

December 30, 2015

By lovelife2015

I have read the reviews on this page and I am shocked as I have had a family member here for the last 3 years and I can honestly say that this facility is wonderful. I have visited friends in other "rehab" centers / nursing homes and this is the best. I am always recommending CareOne at Lexington/ Lexington Health Care Center to anyone who may be in need of short term rehab and or long term care. The rehab staff is wonderful, the food has gotten better with time and the nursing staff continues to amaze me everyday with the way they handle my mom with her dementia. She is not always the easiest to deal with but they handle it with a smile on their face and treat her as if she was their own mother. I LOVE this place - I am sad to see such bad reviews and I wish more people would write as there are definitely more positive than negative about Lexington Health Care. Thank you to all the nurses especially the assistant director Jessica. You are such a great advocate!

October 20, 2015

By Horrified12

This by far is THE worst facility with uncaring doctors and some nurses. The aides were better than the nurses. My mother was in there and fell several times. We were never told but saw the bruises then inquired and told oh yes she fell. If they can't handle a patient they continue to medicate through the day therefore sleeping all day long then up all night. The director of nursing is a joke and ships them out if staff can't handle. Shut this facility down as my mother died within 3 weeks of being shipped off to the hospital then mental facility (dementia) then back to hospital to die. Horrific. If you love someone please don't send them there!!!!!

September 02, 2015

By Canada

What a mistake. They got my mother confused with another patient. The Social Worker was absent mentally. She truly did not care about anything but her social life. And that was based on her telling me that she had to leave for this or that and it was always early in the day. The Social Worker was a danger to patients because she did not do her job and assist families and patients in this poorly run/dirty SNH. Management .... well if they went home and stayed home it would be helpful

August 12, 2015

By calder

Not sure where to begin... This place has been a nightmare since my mother was admitted over a week ago. I have been witness to the following: patients falling in the presence of nurse in room food looking and smelling and tasting like pig slop buzzers and beepers going off all day from patients calling for help and it literally takes the aids/nurses on average approx. 20-30 to respond! Security breach and patients escaping from facility- people on wheelchairs halfway down the road! Facility smells like urine throughout Nurses being aggressive while admistering medication The list goes on but someone/somehow has to get this place shut down. It is substandard and patients are being treated like they are less than human and even less than animals.... I will be contacting the agencies that monitor them for further investigation... DO NOT allow any close friend of family member in here!

April 20, 2015

By ginadon59

My mother was admitted to the rehab facility at LHCC, for several weeks, after a short stay in the hospital The physical therapy facility and therapists were wonderful and have helped my mother get stronger. They get an A. The nursing staff and aids were wonderful as well; They also get an A. In my opinion they are short staffed and with not enough help; medications are delivered late and there are long wait times for assistance with help going to the bathroom and/or going to bed. My biggest problem is with meals; they get an F. I have only been there for dinners and they bring the patients to the dining room at 6:00 PM and they have waited anywhere from 45 minutes to an hour for dinner to arrive. These are elderly people for the most part and I believe that is unacceptable!!!!

Let Us Search For You

Save Money

Care

Save Stress

Features of Lexington Health Care Center - Lexington, MA

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Overall:
    • Date Certified: 05/01/2017

About Lexington Health Care Center - Lexington, MA

Lexington Health Care Center - Lexington, MA is a nursing home in Lexington, MA that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Lexington Health Care Center - Lexington, MA for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Lexington Health Care Center - Lexington, MA