John Knox Village Care Center

600 NW PRYOR ROAD, Lees Summit, MO, 64081

Reviews of John Knox Village Care Center

Do Not Buy In December 14, 2015

Do not buy in! My mother was very fond of the Village until she entered the Nursing Care Center. The Care Center is decent on the surface but is understaffed and her care was shortchanged. I finally had to remove her. The independent living is great and they are expanding but, if you buy in, then you cannot change your mind when it is time to enter the Care Center. There is no telling the conditions of the future. If you have special needs they cannot address, you are stuck. They will hang that Care Center % discount over your head but a discount is not a good deal if the care is inferior. Better to save that money and have a choice of where to go when that time comes. Both my mother and I were very disappointed as are other patients but they don't have an option to leave.

Caring Son13 October 28, 2015

My stepmom was in John Knox Village for a while. Everything seemed to be just fine. They did a good job with her. There were no problems that we know of, as far as mistreatment or anything else. My father was able to have lunch or dinner with her while she was there, and he liked the food. They had quite a few activities, and she could have lunch or dinner with other people than just sitting alone in her room, which she liked.

Caring95637950 September 30, 2014

John Knox Village Care Center has a wide variety of different apartments and assisted living type of things; they have apartments, homes and duplexes. It's got a pool, billiards, cards, and all that kind of stuff. The staff was professional and courteous.

Caring74239850 February 14, 2014

John Knox Village was an old facility. It was all spread out. To take advantage of some of the things they did have, you would have to walk outside and my parents are ninety four and ninety three. I just didn't want that for them. The apartment they had showed us was a comfortable size, the carpet has been replaced and the walls had been painted, so it looked clean, but it was just an older building.

Linda74706350 November 27, 2013

Our dad is at John Knox Village. It is very affordable. We place him in an independent living there. But he had an accident and the blow in the head increases his memory problem. So, we transition him there to the memory care. Right now, he is progressing and he is going into an assisted memory care. They have several different levels of cares there and I can transition him from different levels of care. The people there are extremely nice. They work with him and they have one-on-one with him. He is set up for physical and occupational therapy. We talk to the therapist and the staff there to work out something that works for him. All the people there seem very nice and easy to get a hold of. They call us every time there is an issue. It just works out really well. My sister and I eat there a couple of times and the food is good. They have four different restaurants that you can choose from. They can also take out food from the restaurant. Part of the package in the independent living includes $180 worth of meals per month and that is affordable as well.

Bobby1 December 22, 2012

My father had ongoing medical issues relating to alcohol abuse and a need for supervised care. He was extremely ill and was moved taken to a hospital in Michigan, where they didn't expect him to survive. Once his medications were adjusted, he rapidly improved and was moved into a rehabilitation facility in Michigan, but we moved him to John Knox Village in the Kansas City area in order to have him nearer to us. He also had a sore on his foot resulting from poor circulation in his legs. It had been an ongoing problem for nearly 30 years. When he finally had a shunt put into one of his veins, his circulation improved and the sore eventually healed. However, the muscles and tendons in his foot had atrophied to the point where he could only walk on his toes. Within just a few months, the therapists at John Knox had him walking almost normally for the first time in decades. Within nine months, he was able to move back out to live independently. We were very pleased with his results.

046 November 21, 2012

This facility was always kept clean and the staff always had a smile on their faces in greeting when we came to visit. My uncle enjoyed his stay with them because he had freedom and still was cared for when he needed it. He enjoyed having his own belongings and when we visited it felt more like home.

Margaret8 October 25, 2012

This was the best facility I have visited. The best because it was the cleanest and the staff was friendly. There was no nursing home smell. I could tell the staff really cared about the residents. Even the cooks and janitors knew the residents names and took the time to talk to them. The residents seemed happy. My family never had any complaints about the care our relative received. The food never looked too great, but they did change up the menu a lot. They didn't serve the same foods over and over. Everyone's personal bathrooms they had in their rooms were small. Kind of difficult to get a wheelchair up the toilet, but not impossible. They have activities for the residents everyday, including volleyball with a balloon that was fun to watch. Overall it was the cleanest, warmest, and friendliest long term care facility I have visited and as far as they go I would recommend it.

Conrad pemberton June 21, 2012

John Know Village's main location in Lee Summit, Missouri has apartments, homes an alzheimer's unit an assisted live units. Will refund deposit at resident's death. Monthly rents are high, depending on living locations. My aunt entered started in an apt.,[2002] & passed away in the Alzheimer's unit in 2006. wonderful care in the Alzheimers unit.

jpica001 November 21, 2011

Staff is unfriendly, inconsistent with care, and the facility has an extremely high employee turn-over rate. Many of the residents are left alone in their room all day, only to be attended to when food is ready. When we first visited John Knox, we were told they would bring all of the residents that were able to leave their rooms to common areas for daily games like BINGO and Dominos, however my family member has lived there 5+ years and has been invited to BINGO twice. They are constantly moving the residents around, which can be very stressful, when they have to change rooms, layouts, dining tables, and roommates.

About John Knox Village Care Center

John Knox Village Care Center is a nursing home in Lees Summit, MO that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact John Knox Village Care Center for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of John Knox Village Care Center

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

Location of John Knox Village Care Center