Horizon Health and Rehabilitation Center

660 Desert Lane, Las Vegas, NV, 89106

Reviews of Horizon Health and Rehabilitation Center

sad4ourseniors November 11, 2010

Name the place anything you want... it still stinks!

I arrived at this supposed care facility to see my friend from church and was immediately concerned that other people I care about would be driving to this neighborhood as well. A building nearby had crime scene tape and there was trash all over the block. Then I went inside to be greeted by a smell that smacked me in the face and immediately made me aware that this building was old and poorly cared for and that likely my friend would not be cared for either. I would not leave my dog in a kennel that dirty, yet I was suppose to accept this place for my family in god. If that was not insult enough the room was a closet sized space shared by another ill person with old tape all over the walls and broken furniture with no television or phone and had a rusty metal bed with a crank at the end to adjust her head or feet up. I had no chair to sit and speak to my friend. I walked to an area that a man said was the nurses station and tried to ask about my friend and was ignored, as the person in a nurse outfit complained about having to go give the drug addict his pain medication. I now knew more than I wanted about the nurses troubles with this other poor senior in this place. I tried to stay focused and asked if they had my friends sons' name and was told if I was not family I would have to call him myself. I then asked about a chair and was told to look in rooms until I found one. I choose to stand rather than invade others privacy. My friend cried and said no one would help her to the bathroom and she had not been able to reach her son. I pushed her call light which was tucked in the broken night stand drawer out of her reach. She is sick alone with no way to reach her family or to ask for help. I tried to get her help for 45 minutes until a staff who came in after I begged for help in the hallway, This person had a heavy accent and was hard to understand. They seem to scold us for asking for help because they said they we working short without enough staff. Her roommate asked about calling her daughter and they told her 'no that she doesnt want your calls all day long'. I prayed with my friend for everyone in this place and to open the hearts of the people in charge to close this place before they hurt more people. I called my friends son and got our frined to safety at a nice place. The hospital let this happen, her son trusted a discharge planner that suggested this place. They should all be ashamed. They should all be forced to stay in that place with no way to leave or get help. My heart is sad for our seniors that need medical care at Desert Lane Care Center. Stay awayuntil the state or someone closes this hell hole!

Show 1 More Review Show Fewer Reviews - Write a Review

About Horizon Health and Rehabilitation Center

Horizon Health and Rehabilitation Center is a nursing home in Las Vegas, NV that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Horizon Health and Rehabilitation Center for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Horizon Health and Rehabilitation Center

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

Location of Horizon Health and Rehabilitation Center