Largo Rehab & Spa

9035 Bryan Dairy Rd, Largo, FL, 33777

Reviews of Largo Rehab & Spa

DaughtersNotes August 04, 2015

BUYER BEWARE!! My father was in there following surgery. My sister was in there every day talking to the doctors, nurses and social worker. Whenever we asked about payment coverage everyone consistently said, “Oh, he has a 100 days covered unless Medicare decides he is no longer eligible.” We even met with the facility and a Medicaid representative to plan for if he would need to stay in the facility after his Medicare was terminated. AT NO TIME DURING THESE VISITS OR MEETINGS DID ANYBODY EVER MENTION THAT OUR FATHER WAS BEING CHARGED A $150 PER DAY COPAY AFTER THE FIRST 20 DAYS OF MEDICARE!! The day after Medicare said he was no longer eligible we had him discharged. Imagine our surprise to receive a bill for over $2800 for copay that apparently started on day 21 until his discharge. Also imagine our surprise that we didn’t receive this bill until August 1st when the days being billed were for the last part of May and the early part of June before we got him out. Also as an FYI, Renee in the billing office may possibly the rudest person I have ever had the misfortune to meet.

dennye March 02, 2015

This was the worst experience we have ever had. My husband is diabetic - we couldn't get anyone to take his sugar test before meals or give him the correct insulin. Was there for over a week and only received one diabetic meal. Had problems getting anyone to address leg wound that he didn't have when he arrived at the facility.

Caring100812450 October 24, 2014

My husband stayed in Largo for a little over a year. The care is average. The food is not so good, and it’s a little disorganized. The staff is not consistent; some days good and some days, it’s a disaster. However, it was cleaner than the other places.

oldperf August 16, 2014

A terrible place. Extremely dirty - very poor quality food - necessary items like wash cloths and towels only available upon request - large spider on floor next to my bed - a horrible experience. Physical therapy people very nice and a couple of the nurses. Don't go there or send anyone there.

disgusted former patient June 18, 2013

well, I was there for 21 days, broken hip,had a few very nice nurses, and several that was not so nice.one gave meds an hour later than when they were due,and was not liked by very many there, even colleagues...THAT IS THE TRUTH!!!

tomshields9048 April 17, 2013

no one there ever answers the patients phone. i have been hung up on numerous times plus the patient phones are never ever answered. when they are im always tols the patient is here or there and cant get to the phone. i have on numerous occasions tried to leave messages that i called . the nurse will say she or he will relay a message but my patient never ever gets it. very poor attitudes and one sorry nursing home. he will never go here again i assure you !!

DisgustedDaugher March 18, 2013

This place was terrible. My mother was there for rehab for a broken hip. She received terrible care. The food was disgusting. We had to bring her meals every day because the food they gave her was so bad. No fresh food, no healthy vegtables. Her bed was broken. They did change her for an entire day.

MyParent November 23, 2011

Wow!! after reading these reviews I recommended this to my parent. Horrible care and the administrator is a nasty guy. Beware!! We pulled her out in 24 hrs to a facility that may not have been as pretty but they actually took care of the health issues.

Consumer December 02, 2010

Great Care

I chose this facility for my mother because I always told her I wouldn't put her in a nursing home. She went to an acute rehab hospital one time but they dischared her before she was ready. The next time rehab was suggested, I kept my word sort of by placeing her at Largo Rehab and Spa. She got great care and services. When she went home her functioning was far superior. I saw something on another review about the "lack of" spa services. That's because it's the spa approach that one consumer wasn't seeing. The staff answer call lights quickly and they're very focused on the little things, the requests and desires. They pampered my mom to the point she wanted to stay past her period of insurance covereage.

kbowman September 17, 2010

GREAT Facility

My sister was a resident here and had been in like 6 different nursing homes in the last year . This is the ONLY Facility that i believe in the area that truely understands people with Alzheimer's . The staff was always great and would always take the time to talk with the family and was a godsend to my sister . She was always clean and and dressed properly . They would always call and let me know about even the least little change in her . Scott Elsass was always a phone call away . You could tell that the staff there had been properly train to deal with all aspects of this disease . My only regret is that i wish i would have heard about Largo Rehab & Spa sooner . I would like all the staff to know just how much the family appreciated there kindness .

About Largo Rehab & Spa

Largo Rehab & Spa is a nursing home in Largo, FL that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Largo Rehab & Spa for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Largo Rehab & Spa

Medicare (ratings last updated: 05/18/17)

• Overall: