Lancashire Hall Nursing & Rehabilitation Center

2829 Lititz Pike, Lancaster, PA, 17601

Contact Now

Reviews of Lancashire Hall Nursing & Rehabilitation Center

Lorraine5 January 31, 2013

My husband was in another nursing home. Then he got sick and he had TIA (Transient Ischemic Attack) and they put him back in the hospital. When they're talking about releasing him, I had to find other places so I tried to see what Lancashire Nursing was like. And I was looking for something closer to home. The facility is huge. The owner of the place gave me a tour. It holds about 265 to 275 people. There were people in wheelchairs up and down all the halls. There were people everywhere, so I just thought that would be too much for my husband. Another thing is they don't have TVs in their rooms, but you can bring your own. That would never work because that's how he passes the time. Their physical therapy was very nice and the rooms were fairly good size. The whole place was clean. It's just so busy and I couldn't imagine my husband being there.

tina17554 May 03, 2012

My grandma was a resident at Lancashire Hall in the Alzheimer's/dementia unit for about two years before she passed away.During that time I visited often and the staff was always very friendly.They made sure that visiting family members felt welcome.The lobby and dining area were very clean,homey,and inviting.unfortunately the patients in her unit were not able to enjoy these areas.The dementia unit was more of a stark,hospital like atmosphere.Although her unit wasn't as cozy as the area kept for the other residents, it was very clean and well taken care of.My grandma seemed to enjoy the company of the workers and they all seemed to be extremely patient with her even in some of her more difficult moments.My grandma always looked well fed,happy,and cared for when I stopped by,witch really eased my mind.there were a few incidents with her personal items (nothing valuable) being removed from her room by other residents, but this is pretty common with dementia patients.All in all I would have to say that Lancashire Hall was a good choice.

jkr65 February 29, 2012

I was disappointed with Lancashire Hall. The facility was large and spacious. The rooms were a nice size for the residents. The residents were encouraged to decorate their rooms as they felt comfortable. The facilities seemed very crowded, and not well maintained. The atmosphere was not too bad, but the care was not to the standard that I would have expected. The residents/patients were often left alone. The staff seemed to be caring, but overloaded with patients and or responsibilities. My mother was there for approximately 3 months for a rehab assignment. When it came time for her to become a fulltime resident of a home, we decieded that Lancashire Hall would not be a good place for her. We ultimately selected another home that was quite a bit smaller and the staff did not have as many residents to care for.

From Lancashire Hall Nursing & Rehabilitation Center

Lancashire Hall is a rehabilitation center and skilled nursing center located in Lancaster, Pennsylvania. Staff at this facility work to meet residents' physical, spiritual, and emotional needs. The community pledges that residents will “Live Well, Every Day.” Lancashire Hall’s focus is on providing skilled nursing care and rehabilitating seniors who have been disabled due to an accident, illness or injury.

FACILITIES AND AMENITIES

Lancashire Hall has open common spaces that feature gardens and courtyards, which are safe for outdoor walks. Residents can choose from either a private or semiprivate room. Rooms come furnished, but residents are free to add their own special touches. The community prides itself on being clean and safe, with an activity room and full kitchen. Residents can eat in the community’s shared dining room or have meals delivered to their rooms.

NURSING CARE

The facility offers 24-hour skilled nursing care, with medical practitioners on staff who are available at any time of the day. Residents can use the community’s therapeutic whirlpools available as well as IV therapy. On-site staff can provide specialized wound care, nutritional therapy, hospice and psychiatric services, and in-house podiatry. X-ray services and labs can also be found on-site.

REHABILITATION

Lancashire Hall's comprehensive rehabilitation programs include physical, occupational, speech and respiratory therapies. The community partners with Functional Pathways, a national contract therapy service company, to provide this rehabilitative therapy.

Lancashire Hall’s physical therapy care is designed with the goal of improving each patient’s functioning and mobility. The community’s speech therapy services are designed to help patients regain their ability to communicate and swallow. The respiratory therapy offered at Lancashire Hall is geared toward residents suffering from pulmonary disease and is meant to lessen pulmonary symptoms

We offer a Respiratory Therapist on site 7 days a week to work with our pulmonary patients and by partnering with Functional Pathways for our therapy needs families and providers now have online access to therapy notes and are able to track their loved on

Features of Lancashire Hall Nursing & Rehabilitation Center

• Companion Suites We Offer Companion Suites

• Internet Enabled Rooms

• Psychiatric Care
  • Nurse On Staff We Have 24 Hour Nurses.

• Financial Aid

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff
  • Medicare Provider Number 395205

• Pets No Pets Allowed