Lancashire Hall Nursing & Rehabilitation Center

2829 Lititz Pike, Lancaster, PA, 17601

Reviews of Lancashire Hall Nursing & Rehabilitation Center

Dreamon1 January 02, 2014

the 2 stars is for the therapy which was decent. The rest of the stay was awful. The food was bad, aunt Jane was in the lockdown ward because she was confused at first after her mild stroke. Her room mate was nasty, other residents came in her room and used/ trashed her bathroom, her personal belongings were stolen, an undressed man in only his underwear was wandering the halls, it smelled like urine. Bad enough when she was confused herself but really awful when she was no longer confused/ took her a long time to get her moved to another wing I rehab. When she got there had another nasty roommate and an air conditioner in the window. That was running. In December..... And still there after numerous complaints from family members. The therapy is the only thing she does not have complaints about

Lorraine5 January 31, 2013

My husband was in another nursing home. Then he got sick and he had TIA (Transient Ischemic Attack) and they put him back in the hospital. When they're talking about releasing him, I had to find other places so I tried to see what Lancashire Nursing was like. And I was looking for something closer to home. The facility is huge. The owner of the place gave me a tour. It holds about 265 to 275 people. There were people in wheelchairs up and down all the halls. There were people everywhere, so I just thought that would be too much for my husband. Another thing is they don't have TVs in their rooms, but you can bring your own. That would never work because that's how he passes the time. Their physical therapy was very nice and the rooms were fairly good size. The whole place was clean. It's just so busy and I couldn't imagine my husband being there.

tina17554 May 03, 2012

My grandma was a resident at Lancashire Hall in the Alzheimer's/dementia unit for about two years before she passed away.During that time I visited often and the staff was always very friendly.They made sure that visiting family members felt welcome.The lobby and dining area were very clean,homey,and inviting.unfortunately the patients in her unit were not able to enjoy these areas.The dementia unit was more of a stark,hospital like atmosphere.Although her unit wasn't as cozy as the area kept for the other residents, it was very clean and well taken care of.My grandma seemed to enjoy the company of the workers and they all seemed to be extremely patient with her even in some of her more difficult moments.My grandma always looked well fed,happy,and cared for when I stopped by,witch really eased my mind.there were a few incidents with her personal items (nothing valuable) being removed from her room by other residents, but this is pretty common with dementia patients.All in all I would have to say that Lancashire Hall was a good choice.

jkr65 February 29, 2012

I was disappointed with Lancashire Hall. The facility was large and spacious. The rooms were a nice size for the residents. The residents were encouraged to decorate their rooms as they felt comfortable. The facilities seemed very crowded, and not well maintained. The atmosphere was not too bad, but the care was not to the standard that I would have expected. The residents/patients were often left alone. The staff seemed to be caring, but overloaded with patients and or responsibilities. My mother was there for approximately 3 months for a rehab assignment. When it came time for her to become a fulltime resident of a home, we decieded that Lancashire Hall would not be a good place for her. We ultimately selected another home that was quite a bit smaller and the staff did not have as many residents to care for.

About Lancashire Hall Nursing & Rehabilitation Center

Lancashire Hall Nursing & Rehabilitation Center is a nursing home in Lancaster, PA that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Lancashire Hall Nursing & Rehabilitation Center for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Lancashire Hall Nursing & Rehabilitation Center

• Internet Enabled Rooms

• Psychiatric Care
  • Nurse On Staff: We Have 24 Hour Nurses.

• Financial Aid

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Overall: