Oakbridge Healthcare Center

3110 OAKBRIDGE BLVD EAST, Lakeland, FL, 33803

Reviews of Oakbridge Healthcare Center

Amanda4 June 13, 2012

Oakbridge Assisted Living Facility has two levels: the first one is for rehabilitation exclusively, and the patient are not permanent. The second is the assisted living facility where the residents are permanent stay. The facility is fairly new, within the last 20 years, and while it is in need of paint and basic upkeep, its appearance is not troubling in nature. The residents have a lovely restaurant-style cafeteria where those who are able can order, eat a full meal, and relax with a cup of coffee afterwards. This makes the facility feel more homey, or that it offers choices. Many of the residents appear to be completely unable to care for themselves, and the restaurant-style is not available to them. The staff have very clear delineations about working spaces, and their schedule is very tightly adhered to. There were programs in place to help the residents try to feel "normal" such as outside time, gardening, and reading groups. In addition, they seem to take fall risks very seriously through the careful use of lap restraints on wheelchairs for those at risk of falling. Some of the residents do, however, seem to be overlooked. If they are very quiet, or not a disruption to the peace of the place, they can be overlooked, which is unfortunate. I also think that the activities need to be more universally appealing and perhaps involve music.

Tsu January 21, 2012

Florida Senior Living was one of the first assisted living facilities I visited when searching for a place for my grandfather. Throughout the tour I was able to notice that the facilities were super clean. Even the public bathrooms were really nice. I didn't get to check out most of the amenities, as the tour was fairly short. The staff is what set this place apart from any of the other facilities we checked out for him. Everyone was extremely nice, almost to a faked degree. Like they were just being nice because it's their job to get people through the doors I guess. Some of it was genuine, but I believe a lot of it was faked. I will say that most of the interior was a very nice deep blue color, extremely soothing. If I were to ever have to be put in an assisted living facility I'd probably want to go here. (Let's hope that never happens.) Overall cleanliness I'd probably give it a 9/10. The staff? Probably 7ish/10. Amenities 6/10 only because I didn't have enough time to go through everything.As selected above on the scale. Overall I'd give this place a 4/5. If you're in the Lakeland/Tampa/Orlando area and are looking for a nice place to go/place your loved ones then this should be one of your top choices.

Gilleya January 21, 2012

The Oakbridge healthcare center is an great place for short/long term care. They have a modern facility with all the comforts of home. The rooms are very spacious and designed with care. The staff is highly trained, informative, and very caring. The staff has daily activity planned throughout the day for members to participate in. The staff is very accommadating for many of your families needs. They offer transportation to and from Dr. Visits and many other destinations. The facility has a security policy that will ease your mind on the security of your family member. The facility has great dining menues for any picky eater. The food is prepared with their diet in mind. The staff is fantastic and will befriend your loved one, just like mine. If you want your loved one to feel like they are right at home, this is the place. This facility is just short of a vacation resort, your love one will be sure to love.

Caring285216 July 28, 2011

I recently had to place a loved one in this facility. The admissions and business staff were great. The therapy my loved one received was sufficient as well, but I think this was do in great part to the motivation level of my loved one. I was concerned about the security door that was used to monitor who comes in and out of the facility. The code was known by all residents and they freely gave it out to any random person who came up to the door. The location of the facility was also a concern. Though it is in a decent neighborhood, the area is quite woody and was not well lit which was a concern for me and my loved one. Overall, besides one employee who was always in a bad mood, I was satified with the facility.

About Oakbridge Healthcare Center

Oakbridge Healthcare Center is a nursing home in Lakeland, FL that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Oakbridge Healthcare Center for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Oakbridge Healthcare Center

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

Location of Oakbridge Healthcare Center