Oak Village Healthcare

Top Nearby Nursing Homes

Reviews of Oak Village Healthcare

April 28, 2015

By Amber!

I have a Family member that was there for a short time... our stay was really hard on us but they made it so much better an a lot easier on us an our family.. Thanks for all the great Care..

October 24, 2014

By M.C.1468

While visiting a friend at the facility the staff was rude and don't seem friendly at all. Many staff member just standing around instead of taking care of the patients. Nursing staff seemed to not know answers to simple questions. I would not recommend this facility to family or friends.

May 02, 2014

By MRebeccaR

While I feel the administrative staff does a good job tending to paper work and billing, the nursing staff and aids are disappointing to say it mildly. There is absolutely no follow up from the nurses on questions from the family. There is zero communication between the healthcare staff between shift changes on the skilled nursing side. Several of the healthcare staff members are rude and unprofessional. Including the head nurse, who on several occasions has left us feeling helpless, and acted "put out" when we expressed simple concerns or questions about our loved one's health. The doctor that they have contracted to visit with patients comes at seemingly random times, therefore making it almost impossible to speak with him about our loved one who cannot make decisions for herself. If this doctor does have a regular schedule then staff members that we've asked about his schedule do not know it. After our loved one's recent stroke the staff doctor did not see her for over a week, and was unfamiliar with her medical history and condition after her recent stroke. Simple things likes turning her on her side several times through out the day to ease the pain on her bed sores, and making sure she drinks as much water as possible have not been done by the aids...even after several kind requests from our family. I would not recommend this facility to a friend, loved one, or stranger...not even to my worst enemy!

July 12, 2013

Generally, the people at Oak Village Healthcare have been nice although they have been short staffed many times. The reason my mom was there was because she went in straight from the hospital. She couldn't get up and walk. In the evening, I have seen the staff sat around more than answered the residents' buzzers. The day staff was not too bad but I was not happy with the evening staff. One time, my mom had a full bandage on her toes because the staff cut a little bit when he cut her nails without soaking them first. As we knew, elder people's nails were hard when they grew. She had to go into isolation because of the infection and she did not have a bath for a week. My mom complained a lot about the food and I tasted some of it and it was horrible. The attitude of the caretakers and the number should be improved. I would only recommend this facility if the family were available to visit frequently.

Features of Oak Village Healthcare

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 05/01/2017

About Oak Village Healthcare

Oak Village Healthcare is a nursing home in Lake Jackson, TX that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Oak Village Healthcare for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Oak Village Healthcare