Payment

Accepting inquiries

Reviews of The Mississippi State Veterans Home

Posted by bennyrig August 17, 2015
2.0

I know its not easy caring for elderly people and I have the upmost respect for those who do, and do it well. However, it is sad to see those who disrespects the patients and even their vistors. The veterans are men and women who have sacrificed their life for the freedom of the very ones who may mistreat them while in their care! I believe this home needs a good leader that will set forth a job description for each person caring for each resident. This way you would all know your duties and the residents would have the treatment they deserve!

Posted by blondy9738 July 14, 2015
1.0

These people are understaffed & have let my grandfather fall 2 times. If you are putting your family here avoid D wing! Shelia is the most rude person there. For someone who is supposed to be a nurse she needs to look up the definition of her career & have respect for patients & their family. To yell at them simply because you need her assistance to get HER patient to the restroom is unacceptable & for her superior to simply say you have to either love her or hate is even worse! Then they suggest my grandfather move to a different wing instead of correcting their staff is mind blowing! This place has become a joke!!! Will be reporting to both of their superiors!!!

Posted by Dee W1 March 02, 2012
4.0

My personal experience with my friend at MS State Veterans Home in Kosciusko MS was a positive one. My friend suffers from Alzheimer's disease and is in the late stages of the disease. Every time I went to visit him, he was generally well groomed and seemed to be content. The facility is well kept and has enough staff on hand to care for the needs of the number of patient residents. The staff always called on special occasions to notify family and friends of particular events that were being planned for the residents. Also, if he needed something in particular the staff would call and let the family know which items to bring on the next visit. In general, the staff was very proactive for the welfare of my friend, and I really appreciate their efforts in that regard. I would definitely recommend the MS State Veterans Home in Kosciusko, Mississippi to anyone who has a loved one that they want in good care.

Location of The Mississippi State Veterans Home