The Wexford House

2421 JOHN B DENNIS HIGHWAY, Kingsport, TN, 37660

Reviews of The Wexford House

Patricia 4 September 06, 2012

I went to several places. A couple of people I knew had loved ones in Wexford House so I decided to give it a try. My brother's been there for three weeks now. It's pretty close so it will be easy to visit him. It's very clean, everybody's friendly. My brother's in a room with a roommate. He gets three meals a day and he's well taken care of. He was unhappy because he had gone into a nursing room, but he seems to like the people around him. He likes his roommate. My brother is very handicapped and he does not speak up when he needs help and everything. It would be good for them to check on him more often.

CathyO July 11, 2012

My grandmother was a long time resident of the Wexford House. Overall, the care was exceptional compared to other facilities that we evaluated. Most of the time she was clean and well fed. The staff was always courtesy. The biggest problem we noticed was a large turn over rate with the staff. There was one hall that did consistently smelled of urine though. However, I found this to be an issue at most facilities that I visited. The biggest problem we encountered was when my grandmother had an increase of urine infections. We discovered she was not being provided enough fluids from the facility. We addressed the problem with the facility they took immediate action; and rectified the problem. Upon her death bed, the staff was very courtesy and made her very comfortable. They were also extremely polite to the family and was very understanding of the fact that we stayed with her to the end. Generally, the place was clean, the residents are provided for except during staff shortages, etc. I would recommend this facility over many of the other local ones.

Gail Puckett May 08, 2012

My mother has been a resident of Wexford House for 10 months. I have been so happy with her care. The staff is caring and treat their residents with so much love and care it is almost like they are family, as a matter of fact they treat most of them as family. I have never made a call for information or help regarding my mother that someone hasn't gotten back to me immediately. It is the cleanest nursing home, I have ever been in.It was the most difficult decision I have ever made to place my mother's care in someone else's hands, but I am at peace knowing they are providing better care of her than I am able to provide at home and I know that she is safe there. I would recommend Wexford House without reservation.

gert's girl November 23, 2011

My Mom has been a resident for 9 months with many ups and downs throughtout her stay. The staff has always taken the time to talk with me and walk me through the changes. They treat Mom with respect and I commend them for the compassion and professionalism they exhibit. The job they have taken is very demanding and emotionally draining and I'm thankful they are helping all of us through such a difficult time. I suggest that anyone having a need for these sevices to go visit them, I'm glad I did.

h2vmsdude September 10, 2011

My grandfather, Bobby Steele, was a patient and the Wexford house. The staff that works there is outstanding. They have a large and well maintained facility which has an outside area in the middle where the patients can go. My grandfather, and most the patients that i have seen, live with a roommate while they are there. My grandfathers roommate was rehabilitated and able to go home August the 27th. The facility has physical therapy for the patients that need it 3 times a day and my grandfather loves the job they do. They have gospel music and visitors there frequently and the staff really care about their job. My grandfather gets bathed every other day and is always clean when we visit him which is every day. I would recommend the Wexford house to anyone in the area looking for a nursing home or rehabilitation center for themselves or family member.

About The Wexford House

The Wexford House is a nursing home in Kingsport, TN that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact The Wexford House for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of The Wexford House

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Overall: