Transitional Health Services of Kannapolis

1810 CONCORD LAKE RD, Kannapolis, NC, 28082

Reviews of Transitional Health Services of Kannapolis

Loved it! May 24, 2013

My mother was a resident there recently. She was cared for by wonderful staff. Someone visited everyday to assure she received the care she deserved. Not that we went in trying to find something wrong everyday. But we wanted to be apart of making this a pleasant experience for her. We truly took a team approach. No facility will ever be perfect or feel like home. I got to know the staff the Nurse Practitioner and MD. The Nursing staff was very efficient as well and we gave them all hugs when we took Mom home. I talked to other family members and some said they have been there four and five times. They told us to just make sure you report all concerns to the Supervisors and any issues would be resolved. I think it works and things work out when people don't go in being critical. It takes special people to perform the work they do and they save lives everyday. Just go in with positive and you will come out with positive.

Nothappy42 March 29, 2013

I had a parent in there just recently they they almost let die. I witnessed on several occasions the care givers letting my lights stay on and ignore them. They let my family member sit I. Urine until we found someone, which I must say is hard to get someone's attention there, the 30 something days they were there, we were there daily and never seen a doctor. They let my family member gain 50 lbs if fluid in a little over 30 days. Never would listen when we asked for help, just kept running lab work. He was in there only for rehab, after demanding him transported to hospital, he received to bags if blood and had 53 lbs of fluid removed in three days. After leaving the facility we have heard a lot more horror stories. My advice to anyone before is do homework, talk to social workers and check the web. This was I first experience so we didn't know, but we learned the hard way. It was all about money to them. The physical therapy part is wonderful, but the caregivers and staff are only there for pay!

futurept December 04, 2012

The facility was very clean, organized and well managed. The staff was very caring and competent in their jobs. If you needed anything, they were right there and constantly checked in throughout your visit. The staff and facility planned a variety of activities to keep the residents happy and healthy. The physical therapy department was very compassionate and firm but effective in the rehabilitation. If the residents weren't mobile, activities were brought to them. Medication and care were given on time. The staff seemed very knowledgeable and seemed to genuinely care about the residents and their jobs. The family was given a report every day on the improvement of my grandmother, and was told about any problems or concerns as they arose. The visiting hours were very acceptable. You were even able to join your friend or family member for meals. I would definitely recommend this facility to others in need of rehabilitation.

Caring336 August 22, 2012

My mom's been there since June. She's in for a stroke and had a hip replacement. I think she's been well taken care of. She had urinary tract infection 4 times, so we really haven't gotten to do the rehab program that we wanted to because they isolate her during those times. So in fairness to them, I think they have an excellent rehab program, but she hasn't been able to participate in it because she's been isolated.

choosing33 December 31, 2011

The facility is generally pretty but not clean in appearance, and with some slight odors in the air. I saw an inadequate number of staff during our visit and did not see any who were addressing residents in a more personal way, especially the nurses. The staff were "doing their job" and not as if they were enjoyed their job. Not giving many options to those residents who might prefer a different schedule for therapy and activities. Little or no interaction with management and staff. Overall I just was not very impressed with this facility. I cannot pinpoint anything that was particularly wrong with it, but it just lacked that home like feel that I would want someone to have if they were moving in long term. I'm more neutral on whether or not I would recommend this one and rather, would suggest that someone visit the facility for themselves and see if the more "personal touch" that some other facilities might offer.

About Transitional Health Services of Kannapolis

Transitional Health Services of Kannapolis is a nursing home in Kannapolis, NC that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Transitional Health Services of Kannapolis for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Transitional Health Services of Kannapolis

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Overall: