NEED HELP FINDING NURSING HOMES?

Talk to an advisor for free: (866) 515-8248

Nhc Healthcare, Johnson City
64px
Posted by Becky29 March 12, 2015
1.0

I haven't really visited any of the areas for senior care., but I have visited a nursing home where my brother was at called NHC. Our overall experience was terrible. There were two nurses that were really good, but there was one nurse that was terrible. She was very rude. She didn't have any bedside manner when it came to the patients. The last day that my brother was in the nursing home, I walked in and found him lifeless in bed. I asked for help, but because I wasn't an immediate family member, she wouldn't come in to check him or help me. All she kept on saying was that his vitals were fine therefore he was doing OK. They got him to the hospital, but he wasn't OK. He was severely dehydrated and had a urinary tract infection and pneumonia. The room was fine. It was in good condition, and it was enough for him. The accommodations were fine. It was just that one problem there. She just didn't have any bedside manners. I did call the corporate office to file a complaint. I think my brother lived seven days after that.

Nhc Healthcare, Johnson City
64px
Posted by gstar2513 July 23, 2014
4.0

My grandmother was first admitted on the rehab side after suffering a long bout with pneumonia and bronchitis. She improved somewhat, but really needed 24 hour care that we were unable to provide at home. With her not wanting anyone in her home that she did not know, our only option was an assisted living facility. She was moved to the skilled side several months after arriving at NHC and was there for over 2 years. The nursing staff treated her very well and kept the family informed of progress or the need for hospitalizations when needed. She always spoke highly of her nursing staff and her roommate. When she passed away, the staff that normally worked with her did come to the funeral. The care and compassion that the staff showed far exceeded my expectations.

Medicare Ratings