The Shannon Gray Rehabilitation & Recovery Center

2005 SHANNON GRAY COURT, Jamestown, NC, 27282

Reviews of The Shannon Gray Rehabilitation & Recovery Center

March 14, 2016

By Acaringdaughter5

I have a loved one here currently. Since we have been here it has been nothing but horrible. I have had to call the director at home at 9 pm to address issues. They are sill not corrected. My family member has been here over 12 days and the staff as of yet has given her a bath. We do it. She is supposed to have breathing treatments 3 times a day. If we aren't here it doesn't happen. The staff has not changed her bed. We have had to do it. The ice machine has been broken for over 8 days now and we are bringing in ice for my family member. The staff is too lazy to walk down the hall to get it from another area. I have witnessed my family member who is unable to walk on her own wait for over 45 minutes to go to the potty. I personally have called the nurses station and had the system time out and hang up on me. 26 times to be exact. When I go to the residents shared kitchen to heat up meals and the staff is there they are very rude. No one will speak to you not even when you speak to them. They try to make you feel unwelcome. I was approached by a member of the housekeeping staff and was told that the people here are very lazy. She told me to make sure I stay on things or my family member would not leave alive. It has taken over 10 days to get medicine needs addressed and then the Dr. Would not allow meds such as heart and blood pressure for my family member because he has known her for 3 days at that point and she didn't need it. I pray the physical therapy works because I want her out of here so badly. The only reason she's here is because this is the only place that would accept her insurance. If I had the resources she would never be here. Please do your due diligence before admitting your family member here. This place is seriously under staffed. And clearly they don't care about the well being of the patients nor do they want to make the family feel safe leaving them here.

February 17, 2016

By JustASon

Better than some facilities. But about half the staff are terrible. Then there are a few gems who really seem to care. The night time crews for the most part are the worst. My Dad had diarrhea and on MULTIPLE occasions had to sit it in for 2 or more hours. The staff was rude and surly and it seemed to be a HUGE problem for them to help him. The worst was a 2am - 6:30am wait that resulted in severe rash and infections. I did not have confidence in several of the nurses, who did not seem to be aware of prescription changes. On two occasions, drugs were administered that a specialist had requested to be stopped and switched for new. Plus side... nice clean facility, food is decent, therapy room is great and the good staff is excellent. I recommend lots of well checks by family and follow ups.

January 06, 2015

By Mtn. Dew

My mother broke her leg and went there for rehab in September 2014. Her other foot is numb from a stroke but they wanted her to at least be able to stand on it. That is not unreasonable and would make her stronger, but she has cognitive impairment, dementia, and is bipolar. She became difficult so they drugged her to the point she could not stand and fell several times. The last time her and the room mate screamed for about 30 minutes to get attention. At this point The doctor refused to speak to the family. He refused to call her family doctor and talk to him about her history. He refused to call CVS and look at her list of prescriptions. Thus he started his own routine of meds. Sometimes she got what she was supposed to and sometimes not. In the 4 weeks she was there, they never gave her a shower, nor did they wash her hair. I left money for the hairdresser but they never got her hair done. A woman cannot feel like a human being with greasy hair. At night they have one staff member per wing of about 10 people. I would NOT recommend this facility.

August 07, 2014

By DebFred

My mother was a patient there at the end of March. I inquired approximately 5xs about arranging for my mother to use their hi-tech tub, so she could enjoy a bath. No one EVER got back to me..they said no one ever uses it! I was thrilled to think she would be able to take advantage of water therapy..she was there about 2-1/2 weeks, only used the water one time. If you use their van for a dr's appt, they charge you $200...I was told 4 different people were taken to dr's appts & they chgd them each $200...Money Hungry!! The final straw was when my Mom's roommate rang the emergency bell for approx 45 mins because she had to go to the bathroom. She had had foot surgery & could not stand. My 87 yr old mother had to help her to the bathroom & my Mom was there for her Atrial Fibrilation and she just had back surgery on 6/18...No Way should she have had to help her roommate. This facility is grossly understaffed..I would not recommend it!

June 10, 2014

Shannon Gray Rehab Center is more skilled nursing. It's very clean, very well decorated. There are areas for family gatherings for dinners. I have seen and tasted the food. They have several chefs on staff there, and it's not bland. It's nourishing. I would say it's fairly appetizing. Overall, when she would need attention, it didn't take long to get a member of staff to come and help. They stayed with her and worked with her until whatever was worked out when she would need a shower, a bath, or fall and then needed help getting up. I was so impressed with that. That would be a place that I would consider if she has to have skilled nursing.

April 12, 2014

By Kelley4

My mom stayed at The Shannon Gray. It was very good, and we had no complaints with it. Everything was wonderful. They did a great job. They were very good to her even as she was dying. They put her in an empty room for us so that the family could come. They were very caring and very good to my mother.

September 25, 2012

By Peaches11

I will not even rate this facility the rehab department--- YOU ROCK!!! The business office--- Sarah -- has absolutely no compassion for the residents -- during my stay she called me while I was napping to tell me to pay my bill using a very rude, unprofessional approach -- maybe someday she will be in a facility and see how it feels!!! love the transportation dept too--- you made those appointments of mine so enjoyable!!!! I think a new administrator may be in order though-- another person who has no compassion for the human race--kudos to all the CNAs during the week-- no comment on the weekend--- it's like a ghost town !!! Kudos to all the floor nurses too--- luv you guys!!! just re think your decision on this facility--- MONEY HUNGRY to say the least!!!

Features of The Shannon Gray Rehabilitation & Recovery Center

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 05/01/2017

About The Shannon Gray Rehabilitation & Recovery Center

The Shannon Gray Rehabilitation & Recovery Center is a nursing home in Jamestown, NC that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact The Shannon Gray Rehabilitation & Recovery Center for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of The Shannon Gray Rehabilitation & Recovery Center