St Catherine Laboure Manor, Inc

1750 Stockton ST, Jacksonville, FL, 32204

Reviews of St Catherine Laboure Manor, Inc

September 23, 2015

By jy1351

My mother spent 8 wonderful years at St. CATHERINE'S WHICH SHE ALWAYS IDENTIFIED AS "home".the last 1.5 years were in the memory unit and while my mother had a very social personality, that helped her enjoy beauty shop, meals ,others visiting. I told the nurses and staff that my mother lived as long as she did (89)because of their attentiveness, hugs,care,and love. It may not be newest in physical space, but having moved my mother from GA where the laws for care are horrific ,to here and then 3 times to get to St, Catherine's , I thank God and the Angels and bless friends who helped get her there . Dr.Narvel who cared for her many of those years And all those who adored her made my life easier since I had to continue working, snd couldnt take over the 24 hr care suddenly needed following a stroke. When mother passed they annouced "she wouLd be leving at 10 am" Over the p a, and people formed along the hall paths all the way to take my motherr out the front door,to the portico, the intent being she would go out the door ,the same door she came in,with the hall lined with staff,housekeeper,nurses,admin. Patients, visitors all to bid her farewell and for me --one of the most loving snd breautiful mome nts ,healing and showing the love and care for our family and my beautiful mother. No other facility does this and is just part of the extraordinary loving thoughtfulness that is coupled eith fine medical care. I visited each day and where any of my concerns were always heard, reported back to me as needed, and where they kept my mother so happy And as healthy as possible. I was there every day,so It hurts me to see negative reviews since I know what we went through before St. Catherine's and I am forever appreciative and grateful for it. They are all so remarkable and work hard to make all outstanding and I am forever grateful to them.

July 28, 2015

By Fernandina Beach

My father had heart surgery at St Vincent's. His surgeons were great. We were lied to about a bed available at a facility close to our home and that he would have to go to St. Catherine's. He was to be on a cardiac & diabetic diet. They fed him everything he was not to have. When told he didn't receive his meds they said the pharmacy was closed. I had him transfered the next day. Even that was a difficult time with them. Would not recommend at all.

February 16, 2015

By MemaWalou

This is the ONLY facility my Elder will stay in, when they have to re-cooperate and restart physical and occupational therapy rehabilitation. We have seen the facility as described below, but we have also watched as the facility has listened to these postings and made vast changes. This past stay at St. Catherine's was phenomenal with all levels of staff listening, caring, paying attention and in some instances would anticipate a need just before it would happen. Even the food quality, taste and texture has improved. Amazing. Thank you, to the Staff of St. Catherine's for all you have done for our family and for successfully returning to us a stronger, healthier Elder.

November 22, 2013

By Lowana

St. Catherine Laboure Manor was a wonderful place. The nurses were great and they had a lot of activities for the residents. The rooms were clean and were kept clean, it did not stink at all. I would recommend this facility to other people.

July 25, 2013

By caring010711

Our situation was that my relative was sent to St. Catherine Laboure Manor for a rehab. This facility is associated with the hospital that she was in. However, her rehab was not successful enough for her to be able to leave that place. Also it is easier for us not to move her to another facility, so she just stays there. The people working there are fine. She has been there for several months now.

June 23, 2013

By Sandra D.

St. Catherine Laboure Manor is part of St. Vincent Hospital. Most of the patients when they had surgery and they need rehabilitation, St. Vincent will send them to St. Catherine as long as there are available beds and there happened to be one available bed for my mother when she got there. She stayed there for three months. The staff was phenomenal, very attentive. She had wonderful CNAs, two good nurses, and her managed care counselor was really good at communicating. My mom did fine in therapy. It's an older facility but it was still very clean.

June 23, 2013

By Hate this place

This is the worst place for anyone that can't speak for them self's. This place is all about getting a pay check not the care of the people they are to take care of. My Dad is in the lock down area with Alzheimer's and they can't seem to get rid of the SCABIES that he's had now for about a year. This place need's to be closed down. They are all a bunch of hypocrites.

October 02, 2012

By Sandibch

My Grandmother is in the Memory Ward at SCLM. The condition of the facility is appalling. The Staff is neither resourceful or professional. The Memory Ward is plagued with c diff colitis and universal precautions are NOT being practiced. There is a lack of compassion coupled with a lackadaisical sense of existence-it feels as though because of the Dementia, Alzheimer's or other neurological disorders that these wonderful human beings are being dishonored in their disabled state. Many articles have been stolen from my Grandmother's room. The atmosphere is not safe-patients have fallen, vacant rooms are used for sexual relations by residents, etc. We are currently weighing if we should keep here at St. Catherine's. We are present each day but some things that I will not mention have occurred which has resulted in a great breech of confidence. The nurse manager has no idea what is happening in her area. I often think would she turn a deaf ear to the cries of her mother as she does these noble people whom she has been charged to for and protect...She is failing and our loved ones are suffering!

December 23, 2011

By gibbs19

the care is below standars and this facility should be investigated. no ac theft of patient items

Features of St Catherine Laboure Manor, Inc

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Overall:
  • Ownership Type: Non Profit Corporation
  • Date Certified: 05/01/2017

About St Catherine Laboure Manor, Inc

St Catherine Laboure Manor, Inc is a nursing home in Jacksonville, FL that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact St Catherine Laboure Manor, Inc for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of St Catherine Laboure Manor, Inc