Heartland Health Care Center

3648 University Blvd S, Jacksonville, FL, 32216

Reviews of Heartland Health Care Center

March 31, 2014

I didn't like Heartland. I could have put Mom in a long-term bed there, but I chose not to. One of the biggest things was the location. Proximity was a big thing and then the fact that it just wasn't as homey. There weren't places to go easily so you could be by yourself or just go to visit. It wasn't anything to do with the staff. The staff were very helpful; they were nice. The front staff members who helped me were good. They probably didn't have as much management. I don't think the right level of care was there. She'd been out of the hospital for two weeks, and it's like they had an IV put back in her. It's unacceptable. They'd put the food in front of her, and we'd have to cut it up so she could eat it. I wouldn't know if it was lunch time. The patients were waiting for their lunches, and the breakfast dishes were still in there. Somebody could look in there and think they'd already gotten their food. I wasn't really pleased with them.

January 18, 2014

After the car wrecked my friend broke his ankle and he had his rehab in Hearthland Rehab Center (Heartland Health Care Center). The staff and the rehabilitation services had been very good. The food had been very good and he enjoyed it. The rooms were small and a little crowded for two patients. I would like to see it a little larger. Other than that, I had no complaints at all.

August 12, 2009

By arlene levin

My loved one stayed here

The physical therapy my LO received at Heartland was outstanding. However the nursing care is way below standard. If your love oned ends up here you must be an on premises advocate at all times or LO will suffer. Keep yourslef informed as most of the nursing staff seems to have received low level training. After 2months elsewhere without any bedsores or diaper rash our LO had both within a week. We had multiple issues of our LO being left with no access to a call button leaving him vulnerable to choking. Not to mention the stench! Beware!!!

Features of Heartland Health Care Center

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 05/01/2017

About Heartland Health Care Center

Heartland Health Care Center is a nursing home in Jacksonville, FL that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Heartland Health Care Center for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Heartland Health Care Center