Reviews of Villages of Jackson Creek, the

Posted by Caring102416050 February 17, 2015
4.0

The Villages of Jackson Creek have a very nice environment. The staff was very knowledgeable about everything that is going on. It's just that monetarily they don't take Medicaid or Medicare, and we can't afford it. The made it very home-like. They asked for clients to bring in their loved one's furniture or accents from home so they could get a homey atmosphere. If my grandfather needed to go to the doctor, it will be my mother that will take care of it. They never talked to us about transportation. I just figured that it will be someone from our family that would do it. It would be probably better if they can accept Medicaid though.

Posted by Lindalew0514 December 28, 2014

My Dad stayed there for about a month. He had wonderful care, friendly and caring staff members, and to top it off it is a beautiful place. My Dad was very depressed when he arrived, and using a wheel chair with help getting in and out. He ate his food in bed every day. They encouraged him to go to the dining room, but he wouldn't. I went to visit one day after work at dinner time, and offered to sit with him in the dining room. There was a group of men at one table, and one of the employees suggested that he sit with them next time he comes. On our way back to his room, we stopped by and said hi to them. Dad loved the atmosphere and the friendliness of everyone he came into contact with. His spirits soared, and he became well much quicker. We would visit outside in the evenings, and the nurse would come looking for him to check on him. All the way out and all the way in there are lots of smiles and hellos.

I don't know what these people are talking about that have written the poor reviews, but I think maybe you only hear about the negative and not the positive.

I have a family member that will soon be in need of rehab, and I am recommending that they go here. I hope the experience is just as wonderful as the last one.

I will let you know!!!

Posted by Lindalew514 December 28, 2014

I will let you know!!!

Posted by friends111 August 30, 2014
1.0

I have a friend at this facility. I have watched the RN delay pain meds. Up to 2 1/2 hours e en after several requests. I have witnessed an ant infestation. I requested they move her room. They did spray the room but they left the roommate asleep in there while they did. They did state they opened a window because of the smell. I would never recommend anyone take a loved one here. However it is a nice looking facility and good aides and a few good nurses. Something terribly wrong with this place.

Posted by Caring74239850 February 14, 2014
4.0

The Villages of Jackson Creek was very nice, a little pricey because it was a newer facility, but they had just a lot of nice different spaces. The only thing I didn't like about the apartments is that it wasn't a separate bedroom. You do have a separate bedroom, but it's all open and, of course, you don't have a kitchen there because it's assisted living.

Posted by Caring816 October 30, 2012
2.0

The Villages is a beautiful facility and very nice to look at. But I wasn't thrilled with some of the staff members. Dad had either excellent care or horrible care. I think it depends on who was on duty and what was happening. Dad stayed there a little over four months until he passed. He passed because he was without oxygen for too long. We complain oftentimes that he was without oxygen.

And the other thing is my dad passed on October 5th, but the understanding there was it doesn't matter what time you leave, you pay for the month. I was going to come on over and pick up the rest of my dad's things, but within two weeks I walked in and there was a different family living in there. They did not inform me about that although I had been in touch with the director two days before assured me that we have at the end of the month to get things out.

Posted by trastanley May 08, 2012
2.0

When my father was pt for rehab and therapy, the Therapy staff was wonderful. Nursing side of care could definitely been better. All facilities have good nurses but if they are working against majority of nurses that do not care about the pt. it is not very good continuity of care...

Posted by Jim Thomason August 01, 2011

My wife started using the day care option at Jackson Creek last July and then moved there in December. The facility is beautiful with birds, paintings on the walls, light and airy rooms, and delicious food served on table cloth with napkins. But the reason for five stars is the love the care givers demonstrate constantly to our loved ones. Other visitors and I have remarked that we don't know how they screen their new employees as they all seem passionate in their love and care for the residents.

Posted by Caring274002 July 28, 2011

We moved my mother to this facility and have been very satisfied. They use the word, REDIRECT, as a way of dealing with the patients. Striving to keep the patients from experiencing confrontation , fear, or insecurity. The meals are good and times are flexible. I would reccommend this facility for anyone searching for excellent care and a caring enviroment.

Posted by annielee June 14, 2011
2.0

Friend or relative of resident

My mom just left this facility after 10 days for rehab care. As a previous poster stated, there were many times she needed a nurse for bathroom assistance and no one ever came. There was at least 1 medicine mix-up each day. The in-house doctor was caring and helpful. Most of the staff were kind and considerate. But there are not enough staff if they can't respond to a call in a timely manner and keep their medicines straight. Our biggest frustration was that no one would read the chart and learn the physical and medical issues she was dealing with. How can you give "care" if you don't know the patient? Hope to not go back to this facility.

Posted by brianincynwyd December 18, 2010

good rehab, substandard facility

My mother just left this place, and we were very unhappy with the nursing staff. The rehabilitation folks were very good, and provided consistent, professional care and good, clear communication. The rest of the staff was really substandard. My mom had to wait MANY times for someone to answer her call light. When she talked to someone about needing additional pain meds, they'd say they someone would be back soon... but no one ever came.. or would come in an hour. We had two medicine mix-ups, and if my mother wasn't a retired RN, she would have never caught them. I had to call the Director of Nursing, who was initially responsive, but then proceeded to go out of her way to ignore my mother - obviously because she and I had expressed concerns about her care. I will do whatever I can to make sure she never goes back to this place..

Posted by Princessnurse October 06, 2010

Vojc

The Villages of Jackson creek is a great place to live! It's beautiful,clean, great management and well staffed with caring people! I would recommend any of my family or friends to stay here for great nursing care!

Location of Villages of Jackson Creek, the