The Villages of Jackson Creek

3980 SOUTH JACKSON DRIVE, Independence, MO, 64057

Reviews of The Villages of Jackson Creek

SMorgan November 09, 2015

ONE STAR IS TOO MANY, but I couldn't enter review without a star.

DO NOT take your family member to this facility. It is lovely on the outside, but from the moment we walked in and had our first encounter with staff, we realized we had made a grave mistake. My mother was transferred from a local hospital for a 2-week rehabilitation stay requiring IVs every 8 hours in addition to her usual and newly prescribed meds. The gentleman who transported my mother to this facility dropped off her transfer papers which included her medications list to the nurse and she made no attempt to hide her irritation that a new patient was arriving. She said very loudly (and didn't avoid eye contact with me) "Oh, great...another one - and nobody bothers to even tell us." I asked the Intake Administrator if this nurse would be caring for my mother and she assured me she would not. I suggested some customer service coaching.

Thank God my mom is very high functioning and was only there for assistance with a PIC line and frequent IVs. My mom wasn't due for her next IV for about four hours so I left and went home. I came by the next morning to see how mom was doing and she told me that she still hadn't received ANY of her medications! She asked 4 nurses who walked by her door about the medications and they all said the same thing "I'll check into that." No one ever came back to her. Finally at 2:00 in the morning, she walked out to the nurse's station and her assigned nurse (whom she hadn't even met yet) told mom that she didn't have any medications noted in her chart. After a bit of searching, they finally found my mom's intake and medication information IN ANOTHER PATIENT'S FILE! My mom was finally given her blood pressure and other medications around 4:00 a.m. (they were due at 8:00 p.m.). However, they hadn't even ordered the most important IV meds and she had to wait until 1:00 the following afternoon to get his first treatment (she was now 3 treatments behind!). I found another nursing facility that could accept my mom, and I happily walked her into St. Mary's Manor in Blue Springs where they treated her like a queen and a nurse meet us to review her intake information upon our arrival.

If you want any peace of mind that your loved one will be cared for AT ALL, I would avoid The Villages of Jackson Creek at all costs.

snizami November 01, 2015

In general, my grandfather is blessed with outstanding health care providers. They have saved his life more than once and we are all truly grateful for them. They are our angels. However, St. Luke’s Lee’s Summit recommended the Villages of Jackson Creek for skilled nursing rehabilitation. Keep in mind, my family relies and adores the St. Luke’s health care system, so our complaint is not with them. St. Luke’s, in good faith, referred us to the Villages of Jackson Creek. We took a tour of the facility and it looked wonderful! There is a reason you shouldn’t judge a book by its cover. My grandfather was apprehensive to begin with. He didn’t want to be away from home and he already had been for too long. We all missed him but wanted to see him receive the best possible care for his own recovery. He didn’t want to go to another facility and was afraid he wouldn’t every come home. We expected him to receive the same quality of care at the Villages as it did at home, which was outstanding care. Naturally it is expected and they are paid to live up to standards. To start, when we got to the facility, after dialysis (which was in the afternoon, admittedly) my grandfather was served a frigid dinner of soup and grilled cheese. The staff wouldn’t even microwave it. On Friday (yesterday), my grandfather pressed his call button for the nurse/staff because he needed to go to the bathroom. 20 minutes later staff had still failed to respond and in the meantime he soiled himself. He is a major fall risk and requires constant attendance. His chart calls for 2 staffers at all times, which he doesn’t have. No one responded to the call. LUCKILY, my 80 year old grandmother was visiting and was there to move him, get him out of bed, and change him. We trusted the Villages of Jackson Creek with my grandfather’s life and they have failed. He has gotten sick (as well as his roommate, more than once). He is becoming increasingly depressed. We will be removing him from their so-called “care.” Also, we will be calling the Missouri Division of Aging, our insurance company, and Medicare. Do review staffing ratios and the facility's patient care values!

jayvee12 October 01, 2015

My father-in-law was a resident for about a month. He had a severe spinal injury, rendering him almost immobile. This place was supposed to help him get back on his feet again, but they were not capable of helping him. He was supposed to get 2 hours of therapy a day, physical and occupational. They lumped it together and worked with him one hour. When asking the nurses for something, sometimes it would take 1-2 hours before they would respond to his needs, things like pain medication, or help getting him from his wheelchair to his bed. They were not equipped to help him. The nursing staff was ok but the CNAs who did most of the care were not very caring. There were a few good ones but most did not even read his whiteboard to see his needs at the beginning of their shift. He went downhill the entire time he was here. We were finally able to move him to another facility where he is actually improving now.

This place may be nice for people who can mostly get around but just need a little therapy and help to become independent. It is not for people who need a great amount of care. They made it seem like they could help him and they could not, are not equipped for that kind of care. If your relative needs extensive care, do not send them here.

IndepLady September 22, 2015

I recently had a knee replacement and then for therapy, I chose the Villages of Jackson Creek in Independence, Mo. I learned about the “Villages” through a friend and also attended an open house there. I then decided this would be a good place for my recovery. I liked the layout of the place. A wall divides the two-person rooms, so you get some privacy. The entrance reminds me of Tuscany. After surgery, the shuttle picked me up at the hospital and when I got to the “Villages,” I immediately felt welcomed by the staff. The nursing staff was efficient, considerate, and always had a smile on their faces. There is also a doctor on staff. The food was “decent,” not like at home, but good. The physical therapy was excellent, with a caring and dedicated staff. Physical therapy can be tough, but necessary. I am walking quite well and I am keeping up with my “social” calendar. It’s not all therapy and watching TV. There are many activities that occur during the day. My social worker explained all my insurance coverage, and I was covered for everything. And when I go get my other knee done, I’ll be sure to return to Villages of Jackson Creek. Good folks there!

TomnMarry September 16, 2015

I was in the Villages for 2 weeks. I had very good treatment from the nurses and the aids. Therapy works you hard and does a great job. Thanks to the caring people there I am back on my feet after 6 week flat on my back in the hospital.

CaringVisitor September 16, 2015

The staff is very caring. They seem to go out of their way to do the necessary caregiving and also the "little things" that are so important. They really seem to care!

Caring102416050 February 17, 2015

The Villages of Jackson Creek have a very nice environment. The staff was very knowledgeable about everything that is going on. It's just that monetarily they don't take Medicaid or Medicare, and we can't afford it. The made it very home-like. They asked for clients to bring in their loved one's furniture or accents from home so they could get a homey atmosphere. If my grandfather needed to go to the doctor, it will be my mother that will take care of it. They never talked to us about transportation. I just figured that it will be someone from our family that would do it. It would be probably better if they can accept Medicaid though.

Lindalew0514 December 28, 2014

My Dad stayed there for about a month. He had wonderful care, friendly and caring staff members, and to top it off it is a beautiful place. My Dad was very depressed when he arrived, and using a wheel chair with help getting in and out. He ate his food in bed every day. They encouraged him to go to the dining room, but he wouldn't. I went to visit one day after work at dinner time, and offered to sit with him in the dining room. There was a group of men at one table, and one of the employees suggested that he sit with them next time he comes. On our way back to his room, we stopped by and said hi to them. Dad loved the atmosphere and the friendliness of everyone he came into contact with. His spirits soared, and he became well much quicker. We would visit outside in the evenings, and the nurse would come looking for him to check on him. All the way out and all the way in there are lots of smiles and hellos.

I don't know what these people are talking about that have written the poor reviews, but I think maybe you only hear about the negative and not the positive.

I have a family member that will soon be in need of rehab, and I am recommending that they go here. I hope the experience is just as wonderful as the last one.

I will let you know!!!

Lindalew514 December 28, 2014

I will let you know!!!

friends111 August 30, 2014

I have a friend at this facility. I have watched the RN delay pain meds. Up to 2 1/2 hours e en after several requests. I have witnessed an ant infestation. I requested they move her room. They did spray the room but they left the roommate asleep in there while they did. They did state they opened a window because of the smell. I would never recommend anyone take a loved one here. However it is a nice looking facility and good aides and a few good nurses. Something terribly wrong with this place.

Caring74239850 February 14, 2014

The Villages of Jackson Creek was very nice, a little pricey because it was a newer facility, but they had just a lot of nice different spaces. The only thing I didn't like about the apartments is that it wasn't a separate bedroom. You do have a separate bedroom, but it's all open and, of course, you don't have a kitchen there because it's assisted living.

Caring816 October 30, 2012

The Villages is a beautiful facility and very nice to look at. But I wasn't thrilled with some of the staff members. Dad had either excellent care or horrible care. I think it depends on who was on duty and what was happening. Dad stayed there a little over four months until he passed. He passed because he was without oxygen for too long. We complain oftentimes that he was without oxygen.

And the other thing is my dad passed on October 5th, but the understanding there was it doesn't matter what time you leave, you pay for the month. I was going to come on over and pick up the rest of my dad's things, but within two weeks I walked in and there was a different family living in there. They did not inform me about that although I had been in touch with the director two days before assured me that we have at the end of the month to get things out.

trastanley May 08, 2012

When my father was pt for rehab and therapy, the Therapy staff was wonderful. Nursing side of care could definitely been better. All facilities have good nurses but if they are working against majority of nurses that do not care about the pt. it is not very good continuity of care...

Jim Thomason August 01, 2011

My wife started using the day care option at Jackson Creek last July and then moved there in December. The facility is beautiful with birds, paintings on the walls, light and airy rooms, and delicious food served on table cloth with napkins. But the reason for five stars is the love the care givers demonstrate constantly to our loved ones. Other visitors and I have remarked that we don't know how they screen their new employees as they all seem passionate in their love and care for the residents.

Caring274002 July 28, 2011

We moved my mother to this facility and have been very satisfied. They use the word, REDIRECT, as a way of dealing with the patients. Striving to keep the patients from experiencing confrontation , fear, or insecurity. The meals are good and times are flexible. I would reccommend this facility for anyone searching for excellent care and a caring enviroment.

annielee June 14, 2011

Friend or relative of resident

My mom just left this facility after 10 days for rehab care. As a previous poster stated, there were many times she needed a nurse for bathroom assistance and no one ever came. There was at least 1 medicine mix-up each day. The in-house doctor was caring and helpful. Most of the staff were kind and considerate. But there are not enough staff if they can't respond to a call in a timely manner and keep their medicines straight. Our biggest frustration was that no one would read the chart and learn the physical and medical issues she was dealing with. How can you give "care" if you don't know the patient? Hope to not go back to this facility.

brianincynwyd December 18, 2010

good rehab, substandard facility

My mother just left this place, and we were very unhappy with the nursing staff. The rehabilitation folks were very good, and provided consistent, professional care and good, clear communication. The rest of the staff was really substandard. My mom had to wait MANY times for someone to answer her call light. When she talked to someone about needing additional pain meds, they'd say they someone would be back soon... but no one ever came.. or would come in an hour. We had two medicine mix-ups, and if my mother wasn't a retired RN, she would have never caught them. I had to call the Director of Nursing, who was initially responsive, but then proceeded to go out of her way to ignore my mother - obviously because she and I had expressed concerns about her care. I will do whatever I can to make sure she never goes back to this place..

Princessnurse October 06, 2010

Vojc

The Villages of Jackson creek is a great place to live! It's beautiful,clean, great management and well staffed with caring people! I would recommend any of my family or friends to stay here for great nursing care!

About The Villages of Jackson Creek

The Villages of Jackson Creek is a nursing home in Independence, MO that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact The Villages of Jackson Creek for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Location of The Villages of Jackson Creek