Solera at West Houston

Top nearby Nursing Homes

Reviews of Solera at West Houston

NoPatience October 26, 2016

Other

Waited over 1 hour and 15 minutes for dinner. They bring the food 1 tray at a time and the food SUCKS!

Anonymous99977350 September 29, 2015

I was satisfied with Solera at West Houston. The staff was very considerate. It was a newer facility. The food was good.

Wandalee963 September 10, 2015

I was in for rehab for a total hip replacement for 3 weeks. This place was excellent!?the therapists got me really strong and I can walk without a cane after 3 weeks. All the nurses and aids are really nice. Just like anywhere else there is a smaller amount of staff on nights and weekends and it may take a little longer to get assistance during those times but they always paid attention to my needs.

katymomof3 August 26, 2014

My mom was in the hospital and from there she went to Solera at West Houston. She was there for probably three weeks before she passed away. She had gone in there after the hospital told us that there was not much more they could do. Solera at West Houston caters to skilled nursing and physical therapy and she only did a couple of days of physical therapy and really couldn't do much. When we put her in, the physical therapists were really good. They were trying to work with her, but they really couldn't do much. The nurses were good. But, since we had 24-hour nursing care from an external in-home care agency, they didn't really do much for her because our nurses did everything. I mean they still came in and checked on us a couple of times every shift. They brought us meals, towels, gowns, and shoes -- that kind of thing. We had a little problem initially, and then we talked to the manager and everything was much better after that. They were there for us whenever we needed anything or when our nurses asked for anything. They tried to wash her hair until the hospice came in. They didn't need to do a lot of one-on-one care with her because we had the nurses, but they seemed compassionate to some of the other patients. The place was very clean, very comfortable, and the beds seemed to be very comfortable; they were bigger than the hospital beds, but they still work like hospital beds. They told us when we first got there that the beds could go all the way down to the floor. They did not have bedrails because they would lower the bed to the floor instead, which would help for safety reasons. They had a recliner inside the room, a desk, a dresser, a refrigerator, a microwave, and a sink -- it was kept very clean. The room was very spacious; there was plenty of room for me and the nurse to move around, and then when family came, we had room so the family could sit. We actually put extra chairs in there. They have a little closet where we could put our chairs in, so we brought some little chairs and when family came, everybody had a place to sit. We could seat six to eight people very easily with the room. We had a place where my brother could actually do some work while he visited with mom, so that was very beneficial to my family to have that. I was very satisfied because they did everything that we asked of them. I was very satisfied with everything.

About Solera at West Houston

Solera at West Houston is a nursing home in Houston, TX that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Solera at West Houston for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Solera at West Houston

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Overall: