Cypresswood Health and Rehabilitation Center

10851 CRESCENT MOON DR, Houston, TX, 77064

Reviews of Cypresswood Health and Rehabilitation Center

Skyprincess November 24, 2012

This place is a disgrace. My family checked our father into this place on a Monday night and had him out of there by the foloowing Friday.

The accommodations there are disgusting. My father's bed was about a a foot too short, the furniture was outdated and the feeling while in the facility is just filth.

I would feel sorry for the employees there if they weren't so lazy. The employees are NOT given the proper tools to do their jobs. They ration out ONE towel and ONE washcloth as needed. Don't ask for more than ONE!

The physician ordered my father's catheter removed and we had to go and buy my father a urinal at the local Walgreen's! The facility does not supply these. (Or we were told that they don't). My father is confined to bed and the facility and staff were very aware of this.

Ken, the administrator of this facility is a joke! If you complain about anything he becomes very defensive. I knew my suspicions were correct about this place when I would speak to any of the employees about my dad being moved to a different facility. EVERY employee that I spoke with about moving my father would lower their voice and tell me that I was doing the right thing. When more than one employee told me the same thing and in the same manner, I knew I had to get him out of there.

We were told that no one was allowed to stay overnight with my father. The first night that he was left alone, he fell out of bed!!! Then and only then were we allowed to stay with him. There is nothing wrong with my father's mental state. He told us that he fell out of bed and the nurses DENIED that he did. We believed our father. I don't know if they just weren't wanting to write a report or what.

The proper authorities have been notified about this facility. I hope the poop is about to hit the fan at this place soon! They need to be closed down!!!

If you truly love someone please do NOT place them at this facility!!!

JT1 August 25, 2012

If I could give this place a rating worse than 1 star, I would. We had to put my mother in this place due to her Huntington's chorea. She was in Cypresswood Health and Rehab. for approx. 2 weeks before she choked on her food. If that isn't resident negligence, I don't have an inkling of what is. She was presumably in the cafeteria when she was eating, which is virtually right next to a nurse's station. She must have been choking for a full minute, and not one staff member "noticed". And the condition of the building itself shows that Cypresswood deserves 1 star. The rooms of the residents are all incredibly dark, and quite frankly, the entire facility smells like human excrement. I saw on their calendar that they have social activities planned for everyday, but I saw that every single resident looked deeply depressed. I am not exaggerating! Every single resident. I also read reports of Cypresswood's employees frequently stealing some of the residents' belongings! This facility doesn't even deserve half of a star.

Candy L. December 19, 2011

My sister is a resident of this facility. She has terminal cancer and will not be with us much longer. Her husband visits her often and has recently been banned from returning to the facility. This was the first any of us heard about there being any kind of problem with his behavior. He is a little different but is harmless, like a child. We weren't given an opportunity to have him change his behavior, he was just banned. My sister is going to die very soon. She needs to see him and he needs to see her! This is a perfect example of how the office staff behaves not to mention the complete disrespect the nursing staff has for the residents. My sister has also had clothes and possesions like a brand new IPAD2 and gift cards. One of the staff members was caught using one of the gift cards.

About Cypresswood Health and Rehabilitation Center

Cypresswood Health and Rehabilitation Center is a nursing home in Houston, TX that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Cypresswood Health and Rehabilitation Center for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Cypresswood Health and Rehabilitation Center

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff
  • Medicare Provider Number 455815

Location of Cypresswood Health and Rehabilitation Center