Hornell Gardens

434 MONROE AVENUE, Hornell, NY, 14843

Reviews of Hornell Gardens

Sumo7 May 26, 2011

Friend or relative of resident

Hornell Gardens has grown larger in the last few years. I visited my friend there on several occasions and most of the time I am really impressed. The do a great deal of educational and recreational activities and they even have gardens in the summer for the clients. My friend really liked animals and the Hornell Gardens let us bring our small dog to visit. All the residents enjoyed the dog, not just my friend. The food and the service seemed good. People working there were friendly. Like with most living facilities, there were a few negatives. The smell in general is not great. It does not smell bad, or unclean but it smells like people who are shut in. The air just smells musty. Some clients who can not get around sit in the hall, and it can be very sad to see them but as I tell my kids it is nice to visit all the residents. In general I would give Hornell Gardens a positive review.

EllieKoch February 03, 2011

Very disappointed in care

my name is Ellie Koch and I live in San Diego, CA. I have an elderly aunt staying at Hornell Gardens. She has only been there since Nov. of 2010. I just want someone to be aware of the kind of care the patients receive there because we are very concerned about our aunt. She is being charged $9,100.00 a month to stay there. She shares her room with another lady. When she rings her bell to ask for help to get to the bathroom (she can't walk by herself) she is left sitting there so long that she has an accident. When we asked the nurse on duty about this she said they have a 'potty schedule' and it wasn't her turn to go. A friend found her unresponsive and had her sent to the hospital where they found her lungs had filled with fluid (this has happened before). My problem with this is that Hornell Gardens said she had been unresponsive for four days! Yet no one thought to send her to the hospital. Most recently my cousin in VA called Aunt Ginny and Aunt Ginny couldn't talk because she was having so much trouble breathing. My cousin called the desk and asked that she be sent sent to the hospital right away. Our friend went with her and found one side of her oxygen tube to be blocked. SHE fixed it and Aunt Ginny was discharged. We just don't feel that our aunt is getting very good care especially for that amount of money. I would like this to be considered a charge of neglect.

About Hornell Gardens

Hornell Gardens is a nursing home in Hornell, NY that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Hornell Gardens for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Hornell Gardens

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

Location of Hornell Gardens