South Suburban Rehab Center

19000 HALSTED, Homewood, IL, 60430

Top nearby Nursing Homes

Reviews of South Suburban Rehab Center

Kevin Cobb June 02, 2015

By far this is one of the worst facilities in the south suburbs. Mbr father has been a resident here for about 5 years. Many of the other area nursing homes are filled and having a waiting list so we were unable to have him moved. I could go on about their lack of care for hours, however the facts are. My dad has been in the hospital for dehydration 3 times, and he has fallen many times.

This last example of dehydration was fatal and he is now in hospice with only days to live. We were told at the hospital that he had not been fed or properly hydrated for a while. My dad has dementia so he is unable to express himself and he no longer knows us. My siblings and I visited him weekly but that was not enough.

The facility is almost always understaffed, and by appearance many of the staff members just don't care. It seems as though the residents that are not able to express themselves are often left to fend for themselves and not very well taken care of.

In addition to the lack of care every single piece of my fathers clothing that we bought for him ended up missing/stolen and the false teeth that we purchased for him were stolen within 3 days of purchase despite his name being etched into the teeth and his name was also written in sharpie markers inside his clothing.

If you are considering this facility do yourself or your loved ones a favor and keep looking. It may save their lives.

Juliet of the Courts May 24, 2013

We chose South Suburban Rehab Center because of the proximity to family members. It seemed decent at first glance compared to the other places we went to. The staff seemed attentive in the beginning but became negligent latter on. They did not take her to the activities because she was on a wheelchair with oxygen attached, so they had to move those machines with her. Sometimes they moved everybody but she was left in front of the television. They also did not change her every 2-3 hours but ususally once a day. She was in a private room before but they switched her to a double room, which looked like a hospital room. The dining area was fine but the food was undesirable. I think they need to improve on the staff because basically they have staff shortage.

About South Suburban Rehab Center

South Suburban Rehab Center is a nursing home in Homewood, IL that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact South Suburban Rehab Center for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of South Suburban Rehab Center

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

Location of South Suburban Rehab Center